1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Letter of Resignation BOD Manny Chavez

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Instructor, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Instructor

Instructor Member

I have received numerous phone calls in regards to my resignation from the NTA board. The Following is the original letter of resignation that I wrote to Mr. Bill Haynes President of the NTA.

Mr. Bill Haynes,

Effective Immediately,
    I Manny chavez, NTA Board of Director, due to personal reasons beyond my control, and feelings of unethical practices of some board members, resign my position as NTA Board of Director on this day of March 1st ofthe year 2007 at 7:27 Pm. Please accept this legal and binding instrumentas my official letter of resignation. Please forward this letter to all NTA Board Members and NTA Headquarters.

Sincerely ,

Manny Chavez

I hope that this clears up any misconception of family problems,Which I dont Have ,besides my parents being a littlle Elderly.
    I want to sincerely thank and apologize to all those who beleived that i could have made a difference for change of bettererment for the membership that voted me in As board of director. Thank You, Manny Chavez

2. AmyH

AmyH Guest

Manny, I really enjoyed meeting you and your lovely wife this past summer. You are a gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Sad to hear that Manny, me meeting you in person is one of the reasons I decided to join the NTA in hopes that a person of your character could have made a change for the better. Best of luck to you Manny.
    Sincerely, Michael P. Schlabach

4. Bill

Bill Guest

Manny,
    When I spoke to you on the phone, I mistakenly assumed "family problems" when you told me about your parents.
    I sincerely apologize for this error. I should not have assumed such.
    Bill Haynes
    NTA Pres.

5. Jim Kimball

Jim Kimball New Member

Manny...... You're a stand up guy, and its a sad day for the NTA with you leaving the board... :( Can't blame you thou... I'll save you a seat at the pool during the next NTA convention.. :) And when your ready to run again.... You've got my vote..

Bill...... My father taught me years ago never to assume..... Looks like to me, you and the gang just made an Axx out of you and the NTA by running Manny off...

Jim.... NTA member and proud of IT !!!

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jim, looks like you didn't listen to your father well enough then. I don't know of any ONE who ran Manny off. Each of us is responsible for our own decisions and if we allow others to influence that, then we've probably only used that as an excuse.

7. Jim Kimball

Jim Kimball New Member

I might not be the bestest speller but come on George I know you can read.... It's right there in Manny's post... "feelings of unethical practices of some board members".... All I'm assuming is that Bill is part of the "some board members"...

8. Lou

Lou Modern day Mona Lisa :-)

PA
    Jim didn't your father teach you never to assume ;D You had a rebellious youth didn't you?

9. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Manny I don't know whats going on like most others . I'm proud to say I voted for you and if your resigning then it has to be something that goes against your fine upstanding character, that you want no part of . The short time I trained with you was great , and two weeks there I never saw or heard you do anything , but be a gentleman and fine teacher. I never fail to brag on you when ever I can. The respect I could see and hear when you talked of your family, Saddens me to think anyone could say anything about you and your family. Hope that in no way I overstepped any bounds here but I'm no speech writer just angry when a friend I admire gets talked about. I hope all of your family is well, Carlton Cain

10. Instructor

Instructor Member

Hey Carlton, Thanks for your kind words,As I stated before , I resigned for unethical practices of some of the board members and personal REASONS ,not family problems.And I was not just looking for an excuse either. Thanks Again,Manny Chavez

P.S. I have your cholla cactus stillin a box I will ship to you on mon.

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

If everyone honest resigns who will fight the good fight and keep people in line?

Don't get discouraged,
    don't be afraid,
    we can Make it through another day
    Make it worth the price we pay

Fight the good fight every moment
    Every minute everyday
    Fight the good fight every moment
    It's your only way

Nothing good is easy, nothing good is free

12. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

It was good talking to you the other day, Manny. I appreciate all you have tried to do for the NTA membership, and having been your friend for over 18 years, I know that if YOU say something in the NTA smells foul, then brother, it is so. We'll talk.