1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What taxidermy school should I go to?

Discussion in 'Training' started by killeminstrut, Mar 7, 2007.

1. killeminstrut

killeminstrut New Member

MA
    Hey guys,
    Im new here on this site. I was thinking about going to a taxidermy school abd was wondering if anyone had an opinion on where to go. I am from MA and have looked into a couple in PA and other places. Of course everyone says what is bad about the other guy. I was hoping to get some usefull feedback to point me in the direction of an awsome school. Thanks

2. academy of wildlife art in duncansville PA.i had Jason as an instructor and is top notch as is gary bruch

3. Why limit it to one school?

Get the best of the best, even if it means paying more and spliting it up over a couple years. You could even look at doing something like going to two different teachers for the samething and learn even more.

4. www.secondcreation.com

5. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Learn as much as you can by reading, videos, & hands on practice. Join an association & learn even more. THEN...go for one on one training with experts in a particular field, like Yox for deer Krane for fish etc. I have hired a guy who went to a big school & my monkey knows as much about taxidermy. The guy is no dummy either.

6. Killeminstrut, Check out the post New England workshops. We are offering a great one day seminar on Whitetail deer and casting.
    Come check us out and join the local taxidermy association.
    If you have any questions please feel free to call me direct

Steve Hackett
    President NEAT
    860 267-4155

7. michelle127

michelle127 Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

Colorado Institute Of Taxidermy in Canon City, Colo is an excellent school http://www.coloradotaxidermyschool.com Gerald (Jerry) Vinnola is a good guy to learn from. This school has been in operation for a long time. Great school

8. www.taxidermy-school.com try this guys your love it , they will teach you what you need to know ,and your have fun doing it

9. wpst-taxidermy-school.com This is the school that I attended mark the owner will teach you in his two month course more than many school will try to in double or triple the time.
    many of his students are doing really well in the industry. He is very patient with his students and is very talented. Any questions regarding the school let me know. You won't regret it Good Luck

10. still life taxidermy

still life taxidermy New Member

If you are willing to go to Wisconsin you should really go to American Institute of Taxidermy. I went there and was very pleased. I enjoyed my classes very much. They also have online classes if you do not want to travel. If you are interested the website for the school is www.americantaxidermy.com.

11. solocam79

solocam79 New Member

im gonna be going to taxidermy school at second nature in august hopefully i really like the work there students are putting out bill dishman is top notch from what ive heard

12. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

well if he hasnt figured it out by now he has probably given up! I mean, he only asked back in March....OF 2007 LOL

13. Biaoben

Biaoben Member

practise is the best way to learn http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,15073.0.html

14. murph

murph Member

Hands down ...... WPST in PA. Give Mark a call and visit the school if you can. Very good school, Excellent instruction. I am a graduate of this school so I know it is very good. The door is always open for you after class is complete also.

Thanks, Lance!

15. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    what ever school you decide research it and get some ref...in my opinion john griffith is one of the best look him up very good at making sure you know why and how to do things the right way ,is eye for perfection is 2nd to none..and i will reassure you .you wont leave there disappointed or feeling like you got ripped off ..one on one training ..good luck

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I don't think they are listening Joey. ::)

17. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Its just that way sometimes ;D

18. murph

murph Member

I must agree with Tre, I've also been to John Griffith. john is an excellent instructor and has awesome teaching abilities. John is a great Taxidermist but more than that John is a great man. Can't be steered wrong going to see him and having him teach you about Taxidermy.

Lance!

19. SR1

SR1 Divorces cost so much cause they are worth it!!!!!

WNY
    If you can find a taxidermist that is will to take you as a apprentice then I would say do that as you will learn more that way then you would in any school.

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Buy 'em books and buy 'em books... 3 years later they still rip out the pages.