1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Today and Tony Finazzo

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Greg Waite, Mar 7, 2007.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

All right, now that's about enough. I hate to hear about these victimless crimes and it "wasn't my fault". The IRS doesn't buy that and likely your creditors won't after the first time. Dan's case is regrettable,but nowhere in there has it been noted that Dan contacted the NTA well before his membership had expired. He noted that he'd received a refund from Montana and was told that his membership was in danger of lapsing. HE didn't give Cindy a credit card and he didn't send a postmarked envelope wiht those dues prior to the expiration date. I've been waiting for Dan to tell you all that, but I haven't seen it yet. Because of snafu's in the Montana association last year, an exact duplicate of this took place. The board this year decided that there would be NO EXCEPTIONS as membership renewal notices are sent to every NTA member in late October/November advising the member that their membership will expire on December 31 without renewals. NOW, having said that, because our AD&D insure requires a "grace period", we do allow an extra month before that POLICY expires. That has no bearing on the membership period set in the bylaws. I'm the kind of guy who believes in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. When I screw up (and I do) I suck it up and accept the consequences. I don't think Dan has newed yet. Certainly when he does, he will protect the 2 year requirement as he will again be put on the roster for a continuous year, but that doesn't change the rules of eligibility and the dates that must be satisfied by the bylaws.

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

EJ, I did NOT mention (or even imply)you. Like I said in one of my earliest posts in this thread, too many people take a comment in here, and pick it up like an old dirty shirt, try it on for size, find out it fits, and go off wearing it! Then, they actually accuse that person who left the shirt of dressing them? I didnt say you threw a cheap shot, so I couldnt call you one of the crows. BUT...if YOU felt you did, and "wore" the accusation, thats on YOUR conscience, not mine! EJ, to be honest with you, reading through these threads, I didnt really have a problem with anything youve said so far. Like I said, I think you misunderstood me. Yes, I know who Id call out as a few of those crows ( but Im not saying) and you...nor GregW, are one of them. OK? Guys, if someone REALLY misreads me THAT bad, pick up the phone and call me, Ill try to explain in my other english, lol, as I dont want anyone misinformed like that. 585-637-2450. Not that its up to me anyway, but EJ, theres no problem as far as Im concerned.

3. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Well-Known Member

Idaho
    Unless the bylaws have been changed recently, I can't seem to find a specific date that you must renew by to be eligible for nomination to the board. Could someone please let me know were to find that section, so I don't have to read through the bylaws again? I did find the section where it says that you must have joined by May 1st to be eligible to vote. Dan better get you membership in so you can vote

4. Dan Gill

Dan Gill New Member

George thank you, but Im not sure you read my posts. I notified Cindy, on 2/15/07, then 2/17, expecting a snafu. my envelope from MTA was thrown away. my check was written on 1/23/07. why pay my dues to MTA, and pay twice to NTA.
    Today, I recieved a phone call from Greg Crain, I was greatfull for his response, and was satisfied with his explanation. He did inform me that Montana is no longer 100%. we had a great visit, and I explained, I just want everyone treated the same. If you make a rule follow it, and Greg is following the rules the Board set in place. the membership card says 1/1 to 12/31. so I am happy, and will move on. I just wanted an explanation. close enough,
    thank you all,
    Dan gill

5. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Dan,
    I'm glad to hear you got your answers. I hate the situation didn't work out more in your favor. Like I said earlier, I liked seeing your name in the hat!"

6. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Bill - I am sorry if I misinterpreted what you said.

PA - it's not that Tony has not contributed but it's like tons of others, unless I looked specifically for someones comments, I never knew they were there. Maybe it's through my own fault, but there are so many posts on here that I miss some, I never saw Paul C's name that I remember until it was posted he was running for the ED position.
    Sometimes, George, you seem to be trying to stir the pot. First of all, I am not a little child and am entitled to my opinion. Second, Dan handled it the way anyone would have handled it in his position. Would you have paid twice? All some of us were doing was trying to do was show some compassion. Seems like you have a some beef with either Dan or someone else who expressed their opinion. I would have liked to see Dan run for that position, I can't say that I would have voted for him or not, but I still would have liked to see him run.

Dan - glad to hear you got the answer you were looking for. Sorry but hopefully next round.

7. George

Greg, you state that you aren't "a little child". I didn't answer you as I would a child, but I can't prevent your peception of the truth. "Compassion" has everything to do with family and personal friendships, but the trouble most taxidermists seem to have is in separating "personal" from "professional". It's simply BUSINESS and unless BUSINESS is conducted without ANY favoritism ( you can read "compassion" in there), then there will always have to be "exceptions made". THAT'S NOT GOOD BUSINESS. The NTA is trying desperately to fight off that "exceptions made" practice and if the case didn't meet what you thought was credible, then you would be the one crying. So who decides where "compassion" overrides good business decisions?

8. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Well I am sorry, but when someone uses the words, "All right, now that's about enough. " they are often directed to a child or someone acting that way. My perception of the truth would probably be that I was far from being the one to act childish. So if you weren't allowed to run and we showed you the same "compassion", I guess it wouldn't even make a difference to you? Sorry to hear about your resignation from your seat, and if that compassion bothers you, it still don't change it.

9. George

LMAO Greg. That type compassion is fine. As for my resignation, it's just business. LOL

10. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

George you will be missed on the board. Sometimes victims of friendly fire are the worst casualties.

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sometimes its good to see someone get out of the line of fire in time! A man with principles.

12. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

I agree. With his training in the military he must have learned to duck.

13. Greg, George was in the Air Force. The only time he had to duck was when someone was looking for volunteers to work the air show ;D Kidding of course.

14. George

LMAO Andy, now you know that's not true. It was usually I who was LOOKING for those volunteers to begin with.

15. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

Remember the kid in elementary that, upon not getting his way, said,"Fine, I'm taking my toys and going home." Sound familiar?
    Wade

16. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

Tony,
    A year ago I would have to say that I was in complete agreeance with you. I believe that taxidermists need a united voice. The association should be for the benefit of the members, unfortunately, the only ones that seem to be benefiting from it are a few suppliers and officers. They've taken advantage of the members for way too long! I did not become a life member, to save a few dollars, I wanted to show my support for an industry that I love.

I see your point in the home analogy, it makes a lot of sense as we have been in the process of remodeling for the past several months. The difference is that I can work hard on my home and see results. There are a lot of people that are working hard to make a positive change in the NTA, also, but as soon as the get close to fixing something, someone comes along and changes the locks or paints grafiti all over their hard work. You can keep taking one step forward and two steps back or you can put a "For Sale" sign in the front yard and move to a new neighborhood. I think it's been proven time and again that the NTA is "For Sale", I think it's time to MOVE ON! I think that the general membership is tired of their votes not being counted and the unethical conduct of the officers and board. I believe that now is the time for us to say enough is enough. If there is not an immediate and substancial change in the methods and operation of the NTA, we must MOVE ON.

I am calling on the immediate resignation of several members of the board and officers, under the title "NTA Board and Officers Please Resign". If you've had enough then it's time to make your voice heard. Please read and add to the petition.

Wade

17. possom hawk

possom hawk Luv the smell of black powder in the morning

WOW, I just read all 18 pages of this and being a nonmember I,m not sure I would like to be. I see now why my State is not affiliated with the NTA. I wish someone would tell me why I should become a member. I was actually thinking of joining this organization but reading this it seems to me that if the state is not represented then my membership is just something to say i belong to. I don,t really understand all of what is going on here but it seems to me that there is a lack of trust in the people that the membership voted for. I will say that I have belonged to other national organizations and the popularity type of voting happens, and it is a shame

18. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Possom why is your post so big? If you really read all 18 pages and can't see why you should join and make your vote count??? There is really not much I can tell you.

19. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Possum - the reasons for joining are many. I will touch on what I feel is the most important. The NTA is currently working on "joining forces" with some other great associations, so that when we, as taxidermists, have a fight, we have a few thousand members of other organizations behind us. So what you have been reading is the change that is coming to the NTA. The leadership of the NTA has been dishonest with it's members and we, the thorns, have been trying to let everyone know so that come election time we don't keep making the same bad decisions. Unfortunately, we have been doing the "popular" vote thing, and now some of us are ready for change. There was a post explaining the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over, that about covers it. You should have read those posts and not asked why should I join but how do I join? There are other benefits but being part of a change for the better is the one I went with.

20. possom hawk

possom hawk Luv the smell of black powder in the morning

You know EJ and Greg your right. The more I thought about my comments I realized that I am one of those that set on the fence and watch and I can make a difference if jump down from that fence. Like I said I don't know that much but I think I need to find out, and the only way is to join the organization, support it and make my vote count. You fellows just recruited a new member. Where do I sign?
    Bob