1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Today and Tony Finazzo

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Greg Waite, Mar 7, 2007.

1. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Go to this link https://www.nuttyhost.com/become-a-member.html and fill it out on call the NTA office and Cindy will gladly do it over the phone. Welcome aboard Possom! We need all the help we can get if we're going to turn it around!

2. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Well now it looks as if the chickens have come home to roost. I seem to remember the years when anyone who voiced their opinion against the 100% mandate was by all intents an NTA BASHER and had a personal target painted on their backs by geo himself. NOW he’s voted against the 100% ???? That should be on Hard Ball with Chris Matthews! I know he’s really a nice guy, and he’s been in the military, and he’s just like my Grandfather, and he was just doing his job, oh and if I was to set down and have coke with him I would find nirvana! George you’re a piece of work, I will never forget those fights and we were right all along and you probably even knew it. The NTA deserves you.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jeff, as I recall, you were neither a part of the problem OR the solution. The idea initially was solid as anyone in SCI, DU, NWTF, or any other organization realizes. My biggest mistake was to think that the majority of taxidermists had some professionalism in them. I was proven wrong, but I was sincere enough to admit it and seek to fix what was no longer working. And I forget.....just where were you during all this process?????

4. Jeff Lumsden

geo check the ARCHIVES!

This is a joke right? You just announced in this thread that you are running for President of the NTA, and in the same breath you labled "most taxidermists in America unprofessional". So It's OUR fault that the 100% mandate didn't blossom and crown you king! This is unbelievable ... Even when your wrong it's because of someone else...Unbelievable... Here's a question for you george, aaaah if you are elected, how will you be able tolerate your constituency's?

5. EJ

Jeff,
    You need to read the board resignation post. George resigned from the board and the election. Your starting to sound uninformed?

6. Jeff Lumsden

EJ,

You are right I'm totally uninformed with the NTA's latest gaffs and what George is doing. I just started to read all of this tonight and didn't even see the resignation post. That is good to know, but I still think that they deserve each other.

7. George

We probably do Jeff, but I can take solace in the words of Teddy Roosevelt in comparison to you. My place will never be with "those timid souls who never knew victory nor defeat." Go back to your fish.

8. Jeff Lumsden

I'm glad we can agree geo, but with your Teddy quote, were you referring to what this is supposed to all be about? Because I don't recall anything you have ever done to raise the level of taxidermy today. I' ve never even heard of any competition you've had the gumption to enter? Or were you referring to penny ante politicking?

9. George

Jeff, if competition made taxidermists, there wouldn't be many around. Don't let your alligator ego overload your hummingbird butt talking about issues you're incapable of comprehending. Your personal line says it all about you. I see sunsets every day and don't ever think I or anyone else could duplicate that.

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Jeff, Ive seen the better side of you in the past, and this aint it. Youre not even arguing/debating a fair exchange here. If you simply just dont care for George, regardless of the truth at hand, much less the latest developments, simply say so and move on already. Entering a show is how he would elevate taxidermy? Wouldnt being involved in the NTA, and pushing what he believes, and then admitting when it fails and publically expressing his concerns for the betterment of the NTA qualify as such?

11. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Jeff, exactly what have you done to elevate taxidermy? FYI George has helped more taxidermists than you probably know. I find it amazing that you come on here and run your lips about something you hardly know anythimg about. If you would like to start an issue, then the very least you can do is become informed about the issues at hand. I am not so much defending George as I am floored by your ineptitude. You read this post and that's all you can come up with?

12. Jeff Lumsden

Basically I have made up my mind about George and the NTA years ago, starting with the 100% mandate issue. Which again I'm happy to admit I'm not up to speed with latest shenanigans of either. So to fast forward through this latest NTA thread and learn that I missed geo's coming out of the closet with the failed 100% mandate and to flip fllop, was all great and stunning news to me!
    I guess diferent eyes see different things. But true indeed this may be old news to all except me.

13. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

And if you would have asked me 6 months ago if I would join, my answer would have been H-ll NO. Why the change? Because there is a storm brewing that the leadership of the NTA has yet to realize the extent of. There are phone calls being made everyday to members about the issues discussed on this post and others. There are e-mails being sent to get the info out there that there has been corruption in the upper ranks. George's resignation, among others, was the signal that there was more running amuck than most realized. George is NTA all the way and when the President and others have run him off, you have to know that there is something in the wood pile. If things don't change, the NTA will die.

14. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Then why is it that I could openly speak out against the mandate, and even hold back my membership during that time, yet I could still be, and continue to be George's friend? Do we always have to take such a negative, hateful strongline on this crap? After all people...its only taxidermy, right? Taxidermy might make my living, but its not going to harden my heart.

15. Jeff Lumsden

Bill
    My guess is because you were friends before the mandate was being shoved down our throats. Is this all about taxidermy? That was the point I was making Bill, plain and simple. Greg, if you were to have made your last comment 5 years, 2years, or even 1year ago, geo would have stuffed you in a 5lb coffee can. Now he’s turned on his own pack and some how he’s a hero in your eyes? I’m sorry but what’s new about any of this?

16. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Greg, Jeff and George, and Bill Yox, and a dozen other people hashed out the mandate debate over many years. I have never met Jeff, or George for that matter, BUT Jeff has done quite a bit over the years to elevate fish taxidermy. He may not currently be the "go-to" guy, but that does not mean he didn't make significant contributions to taxidermy methods, education,training, and seminar giving in the past. He and George didn't get along, perhaps because George was pushing the party-line of affiliations stance. Before you criticize someone, know a bit behind the transpiring of old events. For example read this post from 2001: http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/IndustryArticles/01/a/01D282A9FD.html
    I am sure there are many more with comments by Jeff, and Bill, and I also got into some extremely detailed arguments against NTA affiliation. There are certain people who act as a thorn in the side, and George being the outspoken person he is, brings out thorns of many forms.

I must admit that I too am puzzled occasionally by the stance of George. At times he argues towards one viewpoint, and then two years later, points out he shouldn't have argued that particular point. He puts huge praise on certain people from the NTA, much of which they deserve, and then later says that person isn't doing the right thing for the NTA. My guess is it primarily has to do with, as I said above, towing the party line. If the Republican party comes out and stands for something, a good soldier of the party will believe it lock, stock, and barrel, and defend it to death. I will admit I would make a poor soldier as I don't like to be told what to do. Most taxidermists are independent sorts, and also don't like being told what they HAVE to do - which is perhaps why the affiliation movement was a bust in my opinion.

There will be a time here in a couple months which MAY make or break the way the NTA operates. What we must be very careful of, is how the people from the "change is needed in the NTA side" influences the people who will vote. Just as no one wants to be told that they have to join the NTA to be a state member, they also don't want to be told by the PTA, or some forum junkie, that you have to vote "this way". The people who sent out the "letter" last year, were from the "change isn't needed in the NTA side - it has worked this way for 35 years". The trouble I see here, is that based on a show of hands at the PTA meeting, VERY FEW people read these discussions on the taxidermy.net. Thus, I am not sure change can be accomplished.

I must say I have respect for George - he just brings out the worst in some of us at times.

17. George

I actually "met" Jeff" on the old OLD taxidermy chat room and I told him he was pompous. Needless to say, the truth offends some people more than others and I doubt seriously he and I will ever have a good word for each other. When he comments on something, I simply have housetraining enough to avoid the contact. None of my opinions have changed about him as I'm sure none of his will ever about me. Oh well.

But Stephen, to make your remarks and be as studious as you are about history, I fail to see where your conundrum comes from. Benedict Arnold was a hero to both sides of the Revolutionary War, John Kerry did it most recently, but what I did was NOT in the category of either.

It is a proven fact that tax exempt organizations for THE MAJORITY benefit from locking their memberships to events. Be so kind as to name one successful non-profit that doesn't obligate its members.

My desires was to bring the industry that I love up to the playing field with those groups. I met impossible resistance from every corner with most professing like Jeff, "No one is going to tell ME what to do." even if it is a lie in every facet. But taxidermists continually prove to be "different" as usually one person or mom/pop operations that don't have the best business acumen. It took more than 2 years for me to realize that this industry simply would not function at that level of professionalism. They would much rather herald a show that was a private business venture rather than a national orgainization they could lay claim to. I have NEVER forgotten the membership and in order to support THEM, I sought to have the best of BOTH those worlds. I never solicited the END of affiliation, but rather a compromise that would let those states/members who did not agree with it still be supported by the organization. A rule by exception if you will. Personally, I don't see any conflict and I think it's a grasp to imply that. And YES, when I see any person put in a public trust assume the duty of protecting his or her own ego at the expense of the membership, be damned with that. Supporting the members to me is a no brainer.

18. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Here's the original naming of EJ as our beloved "dog poop". Yep, clearly leadership that finds simple questions so offensive that they can't answer them rationally is the right type.
    One of our Idaho members called Bill Haynes this morning about the ED fiasco and was told that he doesn't have any- right to any information.
    Wonder what he'd tell YOU.

19. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

This has to be my favorite ever post about the NTA because Bill Haynes refered to EJ as a "piece of dog crap" and it made him famous. He's still a piece of dog crap but now he's famous for it ;D

20. EJ

I can feel the jealousy emulating from your keyboard Greg! ;D