1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 38-39, Year 4.

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hello folks! ;)

Well,couple of weeks were what they were...enough discussion about that one. There still couple of things I want to remind you about..

Bird of the Week was started by the inspiration of The week in fish pictures and I thought it would be cool to have same kind of thread in bird site too. So i started it and made a few "rules" about it. Firstly,there would be only BIRDS. Second there would be no criticism and judging about the birds posted there so EVERYONE could have the courage to post a picture from beginners to professionals.

Although the name is Bird of the Week,it doesn't mean that you have to post a picture from bird MOUNTED just that week. I don't give a damn if it's mounted ten years ago,it still could be the bird of the week. Bird of the week is the bird that pleases me most from the all birds posted that week. It's my personal favorite from all the great mounts posted that week. I look the picture as a whole...basework,mount,pose...all. It's not a competition,its not about the WINNING..it's a piece that pleases me most.

If theres posted say 15 bird mount pictures in a week and there's 12 ducks in them and they all are well mounted why wouldn't I choose one?? If you want to see other birds more you should start posting them!! I've chosen many other birds too,NOT JUST DUCK'S,but if they are so well mounted I choose them...week after week if I really like them.Again,this isn't competition,it's what I like. I like well mounted birds and if they are ducks that's just fine for me. Ducks still are birds ??? and this is BIRD of the week.

This couple of weeks start (again ;D) with ducks. SD and Tim has made an awesome work again!! CONGRATS!! If someone things they are not deserving to be here,I don't understand!! Look at the base work,posing and feather alignment...just stunning!

Hope this thread can go on with the same great spirit we have had for 4 years by now. Let's forget the arguing and making people sad...let's concentrate of BIRDS..with their feet webbed or not!! ;) ;D (They still have wings thought...)

And with a support of that poll,I won't change a thing here,just hope we can enjoy all the great work from all around the world!!!!

Your friend...JP ;)

Attached Files:

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Week 37 winner...

Attached Files:

3. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

And for a balance for those winners theres a grouses from my last week hunting trip and start of the grousehunting season here in Finland! Still haven't got that capercaillie I,ve been chasing for 20 years by now!! :eek:

Attached Files:

4. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

I love the week 37 Winner,Awesome work.
    Scott.

5. CR

CR New Member

JP...awesome grouse!!!!!!!!!!! Teal season justed started here in SW Kansas, and Ill try to post some pics...give me a chance to learn new camera!!!

6. bowhunter444

bowhunter444 New Member

NJ
    I'm still a beginner but here are a few of mine

Bufflehead

[​IMG]

Lesser Scaup

[​IMG]

Ringneck Pheasant

[​IMG]

7. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

we´re all american birds! 8)

Attached Files:

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Pretty birdTaxos

9. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

BJones; hmmmm.....

10. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Stormy.
    [​IMG]

Sorry. It's only a duck and it doesn't even have a habitat, but I thought he was a pretty little guy.
    For a duck.

(Trying to learn a new photo-editing program since my old one died. This stuff is HARD!)

11. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

That's a flying bird towards the sky!! NOT mounted...Nancy! :mad: ;)
    Only mounted ones here!! ;D Just kidding...whoa,that is just soooo great picture and mount!!!

12. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

Nancy very very nice, when you have to start wondering if there real you know you got it; good job.

13. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Nancy, beautiful mount and great photo! What software are you using?
    Steve

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

NICE JOB Nancy. Super clean. ;)

15. B Jones

Here is a Ring Teal

Attached Files:

16. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

awesome ;) ;) ;)

17. B Jones

Nice Widgeon Nancy

18. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    Here is my very first attempt at a hood..didn't help that the guy shot it in the middle of the head just between the black and white, think I did ok.
    Love the little blue bird, such pretty colors. Nice job on all the mounts.
    [​IMG]

19. wings II

wings II New Member

IB, I remember my first Hooded as well(your's looks much better than mine did!). Six years after changing techniques and I think I'm getting closer to putting a nicer one together...just keep at it...I think your ability is definately there. :) TC is correct..."How else do we learn?" indeed. (Where did his pic go?)

[​IMG]

20. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

Very nice Hooded Merganser.