1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

still need more bear claws

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by looking bear, Sep 23, 2010.

1. looking bear

looking bear New Member

Thanks to all that replied to my first post as i was able to trade out some pure silver bear claw capping for some bear claws . I really need some claws in the 2 1/2" or larger size and of course griz claws , front or rear. I am truly grateful for the responses I got and for the nice folks who pm'd me. I am a 70 year old, but young at heart, that does silversmithing to supplement my social IN- security income. I also cap wolf , badger, mountain lion claws, and have recentlly capped a turkey leg portion with the spur, at the request of a local taxidermist. I love to trade out my work for claws , but will buy some claws if priced reasonably. Please check out my website, bearclawtradingco.com to see my work, as I do all types on Native American crafts. Thanks so much, Steve(Looking Bear)

2. cornhusker

cornhusker New Member

i had 21 claws but you said you was full up ?

3. looking bear

looking bear New Member

Cornhusker, I appreciated you offering the claws and advised you based on the size of the claws and the price you wanted, that I would have to pass. I also passed along the name of another member of Taxinet that might have an interest. Again, I really appreciate you offering the claws . I hope that you understand that I have to search out the best deals for me, as I'm sure you do when you need something. If I hear of anyone on the powwow circuit needing the claws you have, I will surely pass them on to you. Thanks again, Looking Bear

4. powwowoutfitters

powwowoutfitters Member

Good thing you did'nt buy the claws from him. HE'S A THIEF!!!
    I've stayed out of the dealings you have with my brother but enough is enough!
    He paid you for the horns back in May and you said that they should show up anyday.
    They we're to be shipped to my shop and so I contacted you to get the tracking #, Your reply was that some kid dropped the box off for you and you did'nt have one.
    So I said ok send me a copy of the reciept, The kid did'nt get one you told me.
    So months have passed and still no horns and now you say that you had to have got them, We'll he did'nt because you never sent them.
    Send him his money back or send him comperable horns, seems very simple to me.
    But instead you say you dont care.

CARE NOW

I will post on everything you try to sell on here letting people know that you are a THIEF and a LIAR !!!

On the internet a persons word is all we have until the package shows up and your word is CRAP.

5. looking bear

looking bear New Member

I hope that I understand your post right, that the person who offered me the bear claws and complained because I didn't buy them, is the person who never sent the items you or your brother purchased. It was not me, as so far all my dealings with members has been to trade capping their bear claws in trade for extra claws or other items they wanted to trade for the capping. There have also been posts complimenting my work and the good manner I have with dealing with the folks kind enough to reply to my "wanted" post. I appreciate your warning, if thats how you meant it, and will always be wary of this member in the future. I even tried to pass his claws for sale on to anotjer member who does Native American crafts. I don't know what more I could do to appease him. Anyway, thanks again. Looking Bear

6. powwowoutfitters

powwowoutfitters Member

Looking Bear the post was not against you

7. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

20 claws. Need to be cut off yet the feet yet wich i could do.

8. looking bear

looking bear New Member

Thanks for your reply. Please PM me the sizes and price of the claws. I sometimes buy them with the fur and toe pads still on them if the size is acceptable. On cleaned claws, I'm mainly looking for claws measuring 2 1/2" on the outside measurement of the claws. Pictures with a ruler or coin in the picture always helps. Just let me know, and we will see if we can deal. Again, thanks for replying. Steve (Looking Bear)