1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The New Rick Krane Dvd's!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jimmy Lawrence, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Man, oh man!

I got the Walleye DVD from Rick, and let me tell you guys, It is the next best thing to actually taking a workshop , IN his shop! The level of detail was great. He didn't skip anything, and nothign was left out. It is as if you ARE HIS STUDENT right there, in the room. Very very cool.

Every step is explained in detail, as to why your putting a color here, and why your doing this. Thats good, because I know I would call Rick and ask him, "now what did we do that for?"

They are great Rick . Thanks so much for the quality product, and learning tool, that I can take with me and watch in my laptop , or at home. Very nice.

Jimmy Lawrence
    Student, Class of 2007 Anglers Artistry.
    :)

2. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

I dont have your experience of the work shop with rick but the DVDs are something special. I found the reference the most valuable. Not just simplistic pictures but discussions about what the picture is showing you. That helped me right away.
    I have the walleye and the smallmouth

3. I've got to agree with Jimmy on the new DVD's. They are sooo much like sitting in his shop its scary. Anyone looking to become a better fish artist and take your skills to the next level you should consider these DVD's. They go into full detail in each step on how to do each step and WHY your doing it. Do yourself a favor and try a couple you want be disappointed. I can't wait to get my hands on more.

4. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    I have never taken a one on one course w/ Rick but I did buy all the previous dvd's and I gotta say these new dvd's are REALLy like being there soooooo well done. Both Rick and Cris Zecco need to be congratulated of a job well done. I have gotten all four of the series and look fwd to all the new ones as well .I hope the they contingue through ALL the species. Rick , I know these are time consumming but there is a need for this to be done with all the common species!!!! THANKS from an old dog, It's great to learn new things!!
    Regards,
    Jonathan

5. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Well this is encouraging news as I just ordered the first set of DVD's on Thursday and they are on there way here. Can't wait to see them.

Regards,
    Sam

6. I will agree with everything that was said above. I just finished watching one of Ricks new DVDs and I will repeat, it's just like being in his work shop. Rick did not leave anything out of the DVDs. As a former student of Ricks, I found that these DVDs are a great tool to reflect back on when working on a fish.
    I agree with Ken, that if you can take one of Ricks classes you will not regret it and only better yourself.
    I look forward to Ricks new DVDs and hope he continues making lots of new ones.

Travis Peterson
    Off the Hook Artistry
    Prince of Wales, Alaska
    (907)965-4779

7. agagne41

agagne41 New Member

First of all I am a carver and have followed Rick Krane since the 2009 World Taxidermy and Carving show in St. Charles, MO.
    I have ordered his DVD's prior to the last series. I now have the recent SM Bass Reproduction DVD. I have completed a SM Bass and am very pleased with the system Rick teaches. Along with the references I have and Rick's system I feel I have a great finished product. Rick is a master of the system and teaches it well. You will get to a more superior product sooner than you would without it. Everyone should get this series because it will help improve everyones ability to finish a project. Thanks Rick. Woodcarvers should get this painting system too.

8. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Are the DVD's just on painting or do they cover body carving as well?

9. hambone

hambone Active Member

Where do you see a list of what's available and what's coming.

10. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Jim, they are of his painting system's.

11. Rick did just do an article on carving a body for Taxidermy Today,(Sept/ Oct.) issue I believe.It doesn't cover alot about anatomy of any particular species,but gives a good over view of his methods for makeing a template ,maintaning balance and flow during the carving prosses etc.

12. sherri gray

sherri gray Office Manager

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let ya'll know that its best if you call me through Ricks Number 1-603-336-7296 or email me [email protected] with any questions or orders. The response is much faster, i rarely go on here. As for the DVD's he has on hand...Sm. Mouth Bass Reproduction, Lg. Mouth Bass Reproduction, Lg. Mouth Bass Skin Mount and the Walleye Reproduction. The good part, The ones coming are...(drum roll) Black Crappie Reproduction, The Brook Trout Reproduction, The Brown trout Skin Mount, The Winter Phase Steel Head, and The Red Fish Skin Mount. Hopefully many more!! When you call you should ask about any sales :) and if there is a fish suggestion I would love to hear it. Thanks for your support everyone with Ricks DVD's I know he is very appreciative and so am I.
    -Sherri

13. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

I have the original DVD's Rick cut and I can tell you the NEW ones hold nothing back on the learning curve. I find all the DVD's Rick have cut are excellent and the new reference disc's are awesome. Rick does what he does best and that's teach......if you dont learn something from these new disc's, you've nodded off...........

14. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Brian, Couldn't have said it better myself, I actually have been watching them instead of TV. I guess thats makes me an official fishhead!!

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I have to admit, they are better than the old ones by far. I had a couple of rick's old ones, and I did nodd off!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Kidding. But no, seriously zzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzz

Give them a shot . It will open your mind.

16. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Thank you all for the great support!!!! I poured all of me in the NEW Anglers Artistry DVD's so you can have the best opportunity for a learning session as if you were here but right in your own home or shop! I'm so happy folks just like you who have called or written feed back have enjoyed the DVD's we have out so far!!! Each months there will be a few more so watch for them. I have heard that the second disk is a huge help and a big hit along with the painting disks. As you could imagine there is a lot of thought and work that goes in to these DVD's and to hear all the positive feed back is just that much more of a indicator that the New Services is not only a great value with the 2 jammed packed DVD's of all things fish in each and every order! What is even cooler for me personally is that all the folks that have called or written to us that have recently purchased the NEW DVD's have let us know by sharing their thoughts and comparison that the NEw DVD's are so different then the one in the past with so much more information in this workshop formate for folks that most have orders all the new ones! Again I thank al the folks who have purchases the NEW DVDs!!!!

Take advantage of the volume savings when ordering!

My very Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]