1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

50 inch Redfish-deal gone very bad with Captain Bryan

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by michael p., Oct 3, 2010.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I figured you fish heads could appreciate this. Myself, my wife and my best friend in the whole damn world got together this weekend (rare occurrence since we are both on different schedules) and this morning we took a quick charter out of Port Aransas, Texas. My buddy wound up landing this 50" red! What a great ending to a great weekend!

[​IMG]

2. peedeedeer

peedeedeer Bridges Custom Woodwork [email protected]

Re: 50 inch Redfish

very nice red. was he able to keep the fish. we cant keep one over 27in here

3. michael p.

Yeah, he tagged it

4. Re: 50 inch Redfish

you gonna do a mount for him?

5. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

beautiful fish.

6. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

wish I had that to mold.......Lets make a deal..... :D

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Damn..........

8. michael p.

Well last October we did make a deal. Captain Bryan said send the fish to him and in return we would each get a replica. So far to date.....NOTHING but lies and broken promises. I have even said just get my friend his replica and I would send him a $100 for shipping..... still nothing.

My friend is beyond pissed. That was and probably is the biggest redfish of his lifetime and now it's gone. I have to live with the fact that I could not deliver as promised a replica and that tarnishes my name in business.

Captain Bryan at first promised 2 months, them 3 and now will not answer his phone. I finally gave my friend his number 3 months ago. I am sure my friend drove him crazy with calls, bit the lies pissed him off.

For my part I have finally started calling him after he refused to answer PM's and have been very nice up until today.... ive had it! Why offer something you cannot come through with?! Especially on a fish like this!

We were planning on skin mounting it but due to Captain Bryan convincing us he could do a very good job we went with him. My father could have skinned, degreased and put out an awesome mount, but as I said we chose to use Bryan because he swore to us his honesty and now I am left to deal with the fall out. Thanks Captain Bryan you have really helped me in the eyes of friends and associates now that I am responsible for the loss of a 50" bay caught (not deep sea) redfish.

The offer still stands, we will send you money even though you promIsed complete turn around so that you could mold and sell the blank to others. My friend had an awful year last year and this was the highlight......the trip was my first trip out after the kidney donation..... it was basically a celebration of life for both of us and him catching this fish was comparable to somebody killing a 200" deer on a $60 day hunt. You have turned what was one of the best days 2 friends could share into a miserable experience with me promising him week after week that I will get his fish back to him.

I do not come here to call you names, I do not come here to threaten you, I simply come here to ask you to please get that fish to me by next Friday (one week from today) or I will make it my mission to call every governmental department that licences you until you resolve this matter.

You have my friends troply and have lied, lied and them lied. You said you had a tragedy in your family a few months ago and promised to get it in a couple of weeks, before that it was a job and before that it was money and before that I can't even remember.

I have been a member of this site for 9 years.....way back before it was even this format. I have bought and sold 100's of items and have exchanged thousands of dollars. In 9 years this is only the 2nd bad dealing I have ever brought forward. The first was a skunk sent uninsulated and it rotted, you are the second. I have had other deals that didn't go exactly as planned, but I have always given people the benefit of the doubt and found a readonable settlement for both parties. Ask ANYBODY I have had deals with on here in the last 9 years and you will not find a single person who cannot say I dealt honestly with them...... I simply ask the same in return, nothing more, nothing less. For me to bring a bad deal out into the open means it was a [expletive deleted] up deal!

Please Captain Bryan, since you will not answer a PM or simply return a call just make this deal good. My local reputation is on the line and my back is against the wall. Get me the fish by next Friday and all will be happy campers. If you cannot uphold your end of the deal then you have left open all legal options for both me and my friend. That fish was his trophy, please do the right thing.

Sincerely,
    Michael P. Schlabach
    MAD Taxidermy/Owner
    979-966-9853 Cell
    979-968-5035 Studio

9. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

ttt

10. JE

JE Well-Known Member

That sucks, I hope Captain Bryan comes through for you and your friend, but after this length of time and his failure to communicate I cant see it happening.
    It totally baffles me why anyone would take a job on, and not complete it. WHY would you do that Captain Bryan ????
    I would be worried sick if I thought could not produce the goods on time for someone.
    Good luck MP
    john

11. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Mike....I feel for you!....this guy is a crook and always has been.....there are others on here that have also dealt with him and got shafted..I will not mention their names....he has more BS with him it is not funny...someone needs to go there and kick his a$$.....if I were younger I would go do it myself......years back, I traded some molds with him.....he got my molds, and he never sent me his....after slamming this crook on the old site, I finally, after over a year, I got the mold from him.....he took an old Reese mount and made a mold and sent me that....Bryan Russel is no good, a liar and a crook....If I had a Red that big, I would make that fish for you, and make it right with your buddy....your gift to another human when in need, and your continued contributions to this proffession and forum, deserve better than to be screwed by that crook....when you read this Russel, and you will, take what has been said to heart....hope you feel good about yourself

12. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

http://www.capbryan.com/coppermine/index.php

13. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

This weasel keeps coming out of hiding to shaft yet another honest man. He comes across as a real pal, talks about family and tries to gain your trust. He shafted me many years ago...going by the same script promising to trade molds for fish or vise versa. Someone should really pay him a visit. He should be band from every posting on this site.
    I also know of a few other good people he has done this to.

14. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I too have heard of a few promises not delivered from Bryan, It is a shame but maybe just maybe things will work out within the next week. Sorry Mike----If'n I had one I would help you and your buddy out.

15. Brian

Brian Active Member

wow, what a shame. i hope you guys get your fish!

16. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

good luck mike. hope you get it back.

17. EA

EA Well-Known Member

That is screwed up. Beautiful Fish. I hope the POS smokes the powerhead on his boat... Twice !

18. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

A fish of a life time and a low life disappointing the man who caught the trophy. It seems that Captain Bryan comes on the site to see what is posted on a regular basis and still adds some of his comments on other threads and so he will see that there are many that are reading this thread and we all feel the same about him now. Hopefully he will be a man and correct this wrong doing. Shame on him.

19. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Very disappointing!! Sorry to hear about that Mike!!

20. michael p.

Name: Capt. Bryan
    Position: Bronze Member
    Date Registered: August 09, 2008, 03:59:37 PM
    Last Active: Today at 08:32:48 AM

Bryan, this is the second time you have been online since I posted this follow up For you to be online yet make no attempt at communication really rubs me raw. Make this right by next Friday Bryan, that us all I am asking.