1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

50 inch Redfish-deal gone very bad with Captain Bryan

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by michael p., Oct 3, 2010.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Michael, that's nothing short of common what that POS did to you. I wonder how people like that sleep at night. I guess that's why we have to watch sellers and expose them when we find them.

This isn't much consolation but I did see that McGinnity has a 49 inch one and a 54 inch one (good fishermen always take the next bigger size. LOL)

http://www.mcginnitymarineart.com/shop/category.asp?catid=45

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Good luck MP. I hope he mans up and does what's right.

3. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Mike...just a thought and angle you might try if he doesn't make it right....I hold a Ocean Master 100 Ton USCG Licence....if Russel runs a legal charter business, he needs a minimum of the lowest type of licence, an OUVP or 6 Pack Licence.....a very detailed renewal is needed every 5 years.....since 9/11, part of the application requires a complete documentation of ANY and ALL legal dealings with the local, state, and US Government....including traffic violations...if you file a small claims charge, wether it falls through the cracks or not, that MUST be documented on the USCG renewal...Any and All infractions will be investigated and the findings will effect the USCG choice to renew or deny......he would eventually be granted the renewal if nothing else was found but could not operate any vessel for hire during that time......retaliation is not a good thing.....however, in this case, it is warrented....lots of people have been burned by this crook....collect a list of those, and present it in legal form to his circut court...I will be the first to sign for you........hope this helps

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

He has until next Friday Marshy and that is exactly what I will do. I'm not playing a game here, this is my business and reputation he has put on the line. If I do not have a legitimate tracking number by next Friday I will start the legal process and the first people I'm contacting are any that license him.

Here's what really pisses me off.... my very best friend in this business is Brian Claar. Anybody who knows Brian knows the quality reproductions he does. Brian wanted to do the fish, him and I together and I told him no because I had talked to this guy in Florida and how bad he wanted to do it. I even researched and went through here looking for bad dealings (there could have been some but I could not find any).

I guess it's just stupid to trust anybody anymore unless you physically get to know them first.

I'll give it till next Friday (which again is probably stupid of me) and take it from there.

5. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Mike......as per my previous post, I said he would read this thread....I can tall you now, by Friday you will see nothing..he most likely sold the fish to a restaurant for Blackened Redfish......as crab said also, he buys those small crabs made in China at tourist shell shops for a couple bucks each, then comes on here, states he molded them and sells them for 25.00....he used to live in NY, and ripped so many off there, he moved to Florida.....and the beat goes on.....here is the link for USCG in Jacksonville area... http://www.uscg.mil/d7/sectJacksonville/default.asp ......go to the phone tree, then to the additional numbers at the bottom of that page and you will get the licensing division.....they can verify wether he is a licenced boat captain and should also be able to give you his validation number as listed on his licence.....all you have to tell them is you want to make sure the charter captain you want to hire is legal...real simple.....I will help you in any way.....I'd like to get mine with him as well....this guy needs his a$$ whipped

6. CarlScroggins

CarlScroggins Oct. 25 1985...It was a good day.

Re: Re: 50 inch Redfish-deal gone very bad with Captain Bryan

Dang Mike, I hate that this has happened to you and your friend. I almost sent him $ 125.00 for a lionfish blank he posted. I backed out because he didn't have very many posts and I really didn't need to spend the money. I'm glad I didn't decide to get it anyway. I hope it gets resolved soon. I think you were more than generous by offering to pay for one to go to your friend and just not getting yours out of the deal when he offered you both a cast just for the mold.

Sent from my SCH-I500

7. michael p.

Captain Bryan has called me this morning and expressed his willingness to get this matter resolved. He told me that he would send the first blank out Tuesday and settle up with me on the rest later. I have clarified to him that as long as I get my friends copy I will consider it a closed deal and I will be satisfied. If he does choose to send the other one at a later date then that is on him, I will not hold him to that.

My only intrest is getting my friend an original replica of his fish.

Captain Bryan thank you for finally calling me back snd attempting to get this matter resolved. I will await receiving the fish by next Friday.

8. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I say make him hold to the original agreement. If he offered you 2 blanks you should be getting 2 blanks!

9. michael p.

Michelle, my ONLY intrest at this point is getting my friend his fish and them I can wash my hands of this and move on.

10. WOW!!! Mike ... Sorry for this to happen to u and ur friend.. Hope it gets resolved keep us post ... Capt. Bryan I hope u do the right thing.

Good luck.. CT

11. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Mr. Bryan.....as you follow this thread, and realize, "what goes around comes around", you might find, that providing false and misleading information, on any government application in reguards to national security, ie: USCG, is a felony, and carries substatial fines as well as military confinement...should you need any futher explanation on my post, you can contact Commander Holmes or Capt. Andy Blomme at the USCG at Jacksonville.....it's time crooks like you got caught, exposed and paid for the unwarrented crap you put on good,honest hard working people....I feel so sorry for your six kids....you sure are not much of an example for them to look up too

12. Hope he gets you a blank for your friend. That is my worst nightmare, having a deal go south that involves one of my clients. If I get screwed it is bad enough, but when a client is getting a raw deal it hurts ten times worse. I hope everyone on the forum reads this thread.

13. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

As Michael P stated. I contacted him And the first fish is ready to ship. I apologized to him , it WIll be settled. It will be , end of story.
    I have not been a USCG charter Captain for a year now, so Bruce let that rest.
    I did not mold and copy a Reese mount, I molded that Little Tarpon back in 1982. Bruce , where do you come up with this stuff? The main thing is keeping the main thing the main thing, and that is and only is Michaels fish, period! As far as the physical threats , they are documented.(I think the coast guard Would not like that either mister 100 ton master poobah.)

Loren, I offer you my public apology. I took the liberty of doing some finish work on your Redfish, to save Michael some time.

Bruce , you seem to be a cranky fat old man that has nothing to do but sit on a computer and spew venom... Your threats have been duly noted...You got what you traded for, and your fish was not too great either, and you know it.
    Its funny so many comments from people, but none positive from the dozens who have dealt with me and got thier product and loved it.
    So this will be put to bed as of Tuesday. Michael is a class act, and has been amazing thru this.
    I would not trade My year of tragedy , loss and heartbreak with any of you....Not even Capt. Bruce.... :-*
    Rest assured you will not have to concern yourselves with me anymore. I know
    I have 2 more things to make right, and they will.
    Sincerely,
    Bryan Russell

14. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Russell....I will say it out in the open, and to your face....you are a habitual liar....look up the definition, and your post #33 fits to a tee the medical discription of your ailment.....you take no blame yourself, twist and turn everything and anything to try and cover your a$$....continue to try and lie your way out of a situation you brough upon yourself....grab at anything you can to justify your actions......Mike was not the only one you ripped off, and spun your BS lies too....it's about time you were called out again as you continue to hurt good people....you are pathetic.....you even post your name here as Capt. when you are not....you run an illegal charter business, and you still promote that on the web....more deciet and lies...I am not fat by any means, and anyone who cares to PM's me personaly can see my valid USCG/ Merchant Marine Officers Licence.....just one last thing Capt. Bryan....why would you do what you did to Mike if you can catch Red Drum yourself>

Attached Files:

15. DanB

DanB New Member

Looks like Bryan goes by two names on here - Captain Bryan & Fishbuilder. This same Redfish was posted under two diff. names.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,272776.msg1889384.html#msg1889384

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,271541.msg1884822.html#msg1884822

16. den007

den007 Active Member

Mike, I know what this feels like. Imagine my embarrassmet for doing all I did for ol' Buck and not being able to supply those eyes. Tried to be there for him through his ups and downs, highs and lows, whatever they were. Totally shafted not only me but Tim Wynia. It is a crushing feeling to be mislead by so called friends.

Try Rick Hardy............he has a 50 inch and will do clear fins for ya if you like those. He is fast, and the price is right.

17. michael p.

Thanks for the info Den. Bryan called again today and reaffirmed that he is shipping tomorrow. We will see by Friday, he is trying as far as I can see to get this deal closed. Thats all a mam can do and that is all I have asked for.

BTW, what ever happened to ol' Buck???

18. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Crab and Dan...he never made those crabs as he claimed...you can buy them in tons of seashell and tourist shops everywhere in Florida....some are as cheap as a buck each...they are cheap plastic and can be heated to alter positions....nothing wrong with buying and re selling a product for profit...but when you lie and claim it as your product, only proves his need to deceive others for his personal gain...Captain Bryan "Dan Chase" Russell, graduate of the Grey's school of business

Attached Files:

19. marshy creek

marshy creek New Member

Crab...you must be talking about this post...
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,236806.0.html
    he only sells them painted because he bought them tinted.....funny how his custom crabs look just like the ones I posted above.....maybe he used those to paint his from....nice profit from 2.95 from a shell shop to a custom molded crab painted for 23.95....seems also, Fishbuilder Russell played dumb and asked all kinds of technical questions about molding, and was offered more than once Free Samples to try out....yet, Capt. Dan, continued to show his finished work right along with neophite Fishbuilder....I think, self proclaimed Russell has the same infliction as fellow Floridian Casey Anthony

Attached Files:

20. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

An expert in deception Captain Bryan is, what a piece of work.