1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Competitors, lets see your favorite SHOW pieces..

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RDA, Oct 7, 2010.

1. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

a piece from a former student of mine, Sam Cahoy, in his first year of competitions! Back to da SHOW pieces! ;)

and Mike,, that quail looks familiar !!!!! :D ;) GREAT JOBS ALL!!!

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

the only other pics i have of the Baikal... :-\

[​IMG]

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

and this one from our own T net challenge arranged and officiated by Jeremy Keene...

[​IMG]

4. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

this one didnt make it to a show..maybe someday lol!

5. this was my first blue, still my Fav

Attached Files:

6. Lol, different quail same pose Ron ;D. Nice weasel Byrrdman! Ron, what is that thing? hE LOOKS TIGHT.

7. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

Hey Alex, I'll take your comp piece any day ;D ;D ;)

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, thats a cape weaver,,afreekun....got it from Vaden..

9. Harum

Harum Active Member

That afreekun bird is cool Ron.

Mike, love the Quail. Has me thinking of working on a bird myself.

I'm pleased to see this thread continue on.

-Pete

10. Come on Pete, get the name right its a Freaky weavin cape bird! ;D Hope you dont mind, I saved your steelhead to my favorites so I can study it and hopefully manage to paint scales like that one day :D.

11. Harum

Harum Active Member

Mike, with the talent I've seen in your work, anything of mine that you use as a guide would be more of a hindrance than help ;) but thanks for the kind words. Oh and I'm sticking with afreekun cuz I like it ;D

12. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Call me old fashioned
    [​IMG]

13. We have a winner! MAKE THAT FOUR ;D

14. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

bumparooney,,,maybe george(blowhole) roof will contribute! :D ok,,well anyhow the rest of you certainly have, and some nice stuff i may add!

15. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This one didn't do very well in competition (2nd place, open div WTC) but all of the judges were very impressed with his facial expression so here is a closeup - just showing his best features.
    A bunch of epoxy work - yipes!

16. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Yes, I remeber that one,,,and if you remeber the show,it was one of no firsts, deserved or not lol! It was Tight!

You were grooming it the last ten minutes when i cam wheeling in my piece headed for the show roomand i yelled over to ya "ten minutes,,no pressure!" You looked at me like i was from mars,,, lol! I kept goin! :D

17. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Figures! If I was grooming then I probably had my glasses off, and that means that I couldn't see much farther than about 2 feet away. That was the show where you had the 5 quail, wasn't it? Or do I have my WTCs confused ... ? (it's possible)

18. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

yep,, same one.. ;)