1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wounded Warriors Special Hunt.. Pictures Added

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by scpol, Oct 13, 2010.

1. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

I have been on and off the phone with a friend this morning that has gotten involved with the United States Marine Corps. Wounded Warriors. He called and asked if i could help put a Donated mount program together for the Wounder Warriors..Of coarse i said "Tell me what to do"...Here's what we have going on..A Wounded Warrior Special hunt will be taking place in Beaufort, S. Carolina Nov. 7-8..These are all Soldiers that were wounder in Iraq, and have just been released from the hospital, and are missing limbs, sad to say..All the Soldiers are from the Paris Island Base in S. Carolina...There are 33 Soldiers taking part in this hunt..What we are looking for is 33 Taxidermists from around the country to mount their deer for them.. We have been in contact with McKenzie, and they are donating supplies for 20 of these mounts..We are in contact with other suppliers as i type this for the rest...Also i will be getting in touch with some of our Tanneries to see if we can get tanning donated also..If some of you guys on here with tanneries would be interested, please contact me...All supplies and capes will be shipped to your shop..I will have a list of the Soldiers and their home towns from the Marine Corps. in the morning so maybe we can get some of you guys and gals in their general vicinity to avoid shipping...The Taxidermists that do donate their time to one of these Soldiers, will get a certificate for their shop from the Wounded Warriors with the Soldiers name on it..This is going to take a crap load of work for us to get everything organized and ordered per cape, but i feel it is a good cause, and am proud to help...If you would like to volunteer, please either post here, pm me, or call me...Shop # is 815-728-7097 or cell# is 815-378-8170...I cant always get to the phone in time, so please leave a message so i can get back to you...Thank you so much for reading this..Scott Olson..Lakeland Taxidermy..I know some of this is kind of vague right now, but were just starting to get this thing rolling..As soon as i get new information, i will post it here..Thanks again..

2. Re: Wounded Warriors Special Hunt..

Scott,

I am in.

If you have a Michigan Warrior, or someone near, I will be happy to do a mount.

You can get all my shipping and contact info from www.villagetaxidermist.com

Doug

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Re: Wounded Warriors Special Hunt..

This is a great thing. If anyone deserves it, it's them.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Scott, you need someone in S. Illinois? If so, I would be proud to do a mount for one of our Nation's Hero's. Count me in.

5. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Count me in
    I sent you my PH# if you need to call me.

6. scpol

Everyone here just kicks ass..What i'm doing is putting everyone down on a list...When i get the list from the Marines, i'll figure it out and contact everyone...

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

No, THEY kick ass. People on this site just want to thank them, and this is our chance ;)

8. Huntress

Huntress Member

I'll do one Scott.....
    If you can get some of those Redi-Mount change out heads donated I'll do two. ;D

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Scott, tell me what you want mounted and where you want it shipped!

10. rccub

rccub Member

count me in too scott. you have my number.

11. Re: Wounded Warriors Special Hunt..

Scott,,, I'm in but I would prefer to us my tannery and pay for the forms and such like I do for HOAL and catch a dream that way I can have back to them in about 60 to 90 days.

Steve

12. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

If I can help lemme know doood.... ;)

13. Re: Wounded Warriors Special Hunt..

Scott,
    Count us in we are in Georgia. We will pay for the supplies and tanning (we use Ed Waldum in Greenville,Sc) And let me know if I can help out with picking up the deer to save shipping.And we would do more then one if you need it. You can call me at 706-202-7652 anytime.

Kim Collins
    Bubba's Taxidermy

14. relichound

relichound The Relic Hound

I am nowhere near ready to participate in such an event right now (I haven't even made my first mount yet) but I think this is really cool, and if there is a way anyone else can help (by donating money or supplies, or whatever else) please let us know, and keep everyone posted.

Very cool.

15. mike g

mike g Active Member

sent ya a message off facebook, count me in!

16. jason

jason Active Member

I WOULD MAKE DECALS FOR THE SOLDIERS INVOLVED FOR THEIR RIDES!!!!
    MAYBE THE MARINE ANCHOR LOGO WITH........IN A ARC,

U.S. MARINES
    (LOGO)
    WOUNDED WARRIOR
    participant

I WOULD SEND ONE TO EACH TAXIDERMIST TO SEND WITH THE MOUNT!

JUST A THOUGHT!! just let me know brother!

if it would be a go....any ANY taxidermist that would wanna buy 1 for say $15, I will donate $12/EA to this cause. :)

Jason

17. nelentaxidermy

nelentaxidermy Member

PA

Scott,
    Sign me.
    I will send you a pm with my personal info and see what we can put together.

Scott Thank you for taking on such a wonderful undertaking of the masive amount of business work to make this happen.

Pat nelen
    Nelen Taxidermy
    Central PA

18. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Scott, count me in....id love to mount one.

19. scpol

Sorry i havent called anyone back yet..This is overwhelming right now..I will make calls tomorrow..If there is anyone around Beaufort that would be willing to cape deer sometime that weekend, that would be wonderful...Right now Mike is gonna have to cape 33 deer that weekend if they all score..He will freeze half of them and ship them to me to turn and salt...

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Scotty, I told ya so huh... ;) Sounds like your pretty busy already... A great thing here and I don't think it will be hard to get anyone to help. Great job Scott and keep up the good work.