1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Selling live Rattlesnakes

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Midlandhunter, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Midlandhunter

Midlandhunter New Member

I killed 40+ rattlesnakes, last year on my place and while hunting and would like to catch and sell them this year. I have heard of people paying so much a pound for them but I have no idea who. Can someone let me know who would be interested in buying snakes either live or frozen.
    Also, if wanted live, what is the best way of keeping them - I have caught snakes and taken them to the roundup in previous years but never sold otherwise.

thanks

2. ace man

ace man New Member

i'm interested in some frozen whole snakes . do you have any now?

3. You cannot sell them alive without a venemous snake permit. You wont get on either. Your best bet is to sell them for taxi purposes, the per pound amount is for the flesh for eating purposes. For the amount of money sort of a waste to kill a perfectly good snake. Besides, kill all the ones on your property and eee how quickly you havew rodent problems which they have probably been controlling for years

4. How much do you get for them? I've heard approx. $1 a inch I can colect many many maybe 30-40plus pretty easy f theres a big enough market anyone need large amounts of snakes constantly (frozen whole) not shot up will be put down with no holes in perfect cond. pelase PM me if anyone needs larger quintity and when it gets warmer and the snakes start comeing out more I will gladly supply them at a cost.

5. tas

tas New Member

I bought two last year from a guy in Texas, i payed 50dollars for the pair
    a 50in and a 48in plus shipping, He cought the snakes alive and put them in
    a icecream bucket then put them in the frezzer. They were perfict shape.
    Let me know your price? TAS 8)

6. craiglet

craiglet New Member

Adorable Western Massasauga Rattlesnake

I have a nicely colered juvinile Western Massasauga rattlesnake for sale. He is about 14 inches long, eats frozen and live pinkys and hoppers. He is for breeding or pet; NOT FOR KILLING!!! I can be reached at [email protected] The price is $90 + overnight shipping

7. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

LMAO! you come to a taxidermy site and state "NOT FOR KILLING!!!" WTF are you thinking?

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO!!! No kidding :D

9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I would like to see pictures of him please. I have a 6' x 3' x 3' reptile tank that is empty. Thanks, Dan

10. Psycho , go to www.kingsnake.com to the classifieds . You can fill your reptile aquarium .

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I would take a few live ones myself..

12. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks for the link. Dan

13. texascritter

texascritter Cell 972-904-9516

I assume since you chose Midlandhunter as your handle you are from Midland, Texas. If that is the case do you have a NGD license?