1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing and Tanning/Wholesale Service 60-90 day return UPDATE pic

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by highlander, Oct 19, 2010.

1. highlander

highlander "There can be only One"

Dont get behind because you need your capes ready to mount. I have expanded my studio and now have 4 fleshers ready to process your capes. My prices are listed below. Big John Griffiths sends a lot of his students to me to help out with their tanning. Send me your frozen capes and i will turn, flesh and wet tan them for you. We will also remove ear cartilige and sew all holes if requested. All you will need to do is thaw and mount once you recieve them back. Here are some of my prices. For others not listed call the studio. We also provide wholesale taxidermy work. Email us at [email protected] or call the studio. We have 27 years experience in the taxidermy field. We also have many items for sale, mounts and hides.

Thanks and GOD Bless
    Brian McDonald
    Wildlife Creations Inc

bass, bream, crappie.....customer ready $150.00
    stripers ........................................................... ...$8.50 per inch
    reproductions.............................................. ........$9.50 per inch
    ducks...................................................... ...........$125.00
    turkeys.................................................... ...........$400.00 any pose except flying

cape turning, fleshing, and tanning.........................$50.00 for all whitetail size capes
    cape turning, fleshing, tanning, remove ear cartilige and sew holes........$100 for whitetail, muleys, antelope, sheep, goats ect.
    cape turning and fleshing ONLY (for those who like DP or to do their own tan).....................................$40.00

contact us at [email protected]
    256/268-5500 studio
    256/404-5213 cell

[​IMG]

Picture of waht our wet tan looks like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Re: Fleshing and Tanning/Wholesale Service 60-90 day return RUSH Service available

So that is Ya'lls new little girl, Brian. You and your wife are wonderful people. Folks if you don't know Brian, he is as good as they get.

3. highlander

Re: Fleshing and Tanning/Wholesale Service 60-90 day return RUSH Service available

Thanks my friend. She is a little angel but she also has an attitude, like most women ;D ;D When are you gonna come to Bama, paint fish and deer hunt????????

4. Re: Fleshing and Tanning/Wholesale Service 60-90 day return RUSH Service available

pm sent

5. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I hope I get to Brian, but I'm so busy right now. It may have to be after the first of the year. I'll get with ya buddy.

6. highlander

Picture of what our wet tan looks like.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. highlander

Thanks for the business guys and gals

8. I just bought a bear cub from Brian, a super nice wet tan. The one thing I hate about sending my stuff out is shaving holes done by people paid to shave by the pound. No shaving holes in this bear, shaving was done by a pro!
    Steve

9. duckhntr594

duckhntr594 Duckin' & Pluckin' Taxidermy

Just got my WT deer hide back from Brian, and it was a pleasure to do business with him. He answered all my questions and got my hide back to me extremely fast. Will def. do business again!!

10. highlander

Couple new pics of wet tan and mount in progress. This is a 17" outside measurement bow kill i mounted on a 19" REVOLUTION WALL PEDESTAL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Definitely looks like a nice shave job. Interesting how you have your shaver tilted.

12. highlander

I use that particular machine to do last minute fleshing or thinning. Its tilted so i can sit on a stool and flesh without standing and was built and designed to stand behind and flesh so the table is to long if level. I do not like to stand behind so i tilt it to keep from cutting the wood.

13. antlerman

So you flesh facing the blade??

14. highlander

yESSIR

15. antlerman

I've heard of people doing that, but have never seen it done. Amazes me how you can do it so nicely with what would appear that you can't see where your shaving, unless I don't see the big picture and you can actually see as you shave. Very interesting. Would love to see you do it. Folks, you see that blue in the face and neck area? Now THAT's a shave job. Beautiful work.

16. highlander

Thanks again for the compliments. I have worked both sides of the table but feel i have more control and looking down can actually see better what is going on.

17. antlerman

Ok, you have inspired me to give it a try. On a junk hide of course! LOL

18. highlander

It will be a little awkward at first but maybe you will like the move. Takes a little time getting use to and you may have to reverse your blade so you are fleshing in the same direction as you would if you were behind the machine

19. antlerman

Yes, I will try that. I have a rough time on the shaver. I have a torn left rotator cuff and pulling is a painful task. I'm thinking that pushing if you will, would be less painful on my shoulder.

20. highlander

Leaning over the machine actually gave me a back ache so helps out when your in front and have a little better control of your posture. The pushing may be your answer to your shoulder aches. Maaybe i ought to have a class on upright frontal fleshing machine procedures ;D ;D ;D ;D