1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how now brown cow, daddy was a coonhound. no white belly! dropped price $ 25 d

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by bob wendt, Oct 19, 2010.

1. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

10 day bump. still have this thing, all skinned and ready to roll. sorry can`t drop the price anymore, but can combine him in the same box with a regular coyote, wall hanger or full lifesize, or a skunk maybe at no extra shipping.

2. looks like pretty much all the coyotes i see around hear either way they all kill the fawns and turkeys quail rabit and pheasant and there all pretty smart. i must say the others ive seen on here from bob are much nicer as far as im conserned

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I have trapped hundreds of them here in Al and a few other states. Most looked just like that one but I have caught red ones, black ones, grey ones, blue eyed ones yellow eyed ones and red eyed ones. I believe I saw a white one once but since I couldn't kill it , I can't prove it.

You can't really say that something is not a (TRUE) whatever, because it is different than where you live. That is like saying a shiras is not a true moose because it is not as big as a Yukon. Or a coues is not a true white tail because it is smaller than an Alberta whitetail....(and what whitetail isn't!) Simply a subspecies.

I look at eastern yotes, like I look at fox squirrels. Bigger, and capable of multiple color fazes!

4. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Whatever they are, the eastern coyote can be one pretty animal.

BTW, I've seen some blond colored ones with rear dewclaws, is that to mean there is some domestic dog in them?

Yes, I still have not trapped a coyote, it seems that the eastern coyote and me just knock heads. Made a dirthole set where some are around and had a coyote looking paw 1 inch from the pan first night, big possum 2nd night, and a squirrel or skunk stepping the 3rd night. Well southpaw coyote has a flat set for it tonight, set for a southpaw. But it's on the edge of a wood path and deer are rutting, so some dumb doe being chased by a buck will probably flip the trap off.

We still have red fox though! But they are slim over there in Coyoteland Farms, I am surprised the red caught closest to all the coyote activity was alive and untouched. Here at home the reds are getting caught, along with their 1 female grey fox. No coyotes at this location- too many reds around LOL.

BTW any of you know what sort of weight a coyote measuring 4.5 x 25 x 42 would weigh?

5. jerrystaxidermyhunter

jerrystaxidermyhunter get stuffed at jerrys

i have no trouble catching coyotes .i think they are easyer to catch than fox.
    and i have caught many that look like that.

6. uzabow

uzabow New Member

I want that coyote. I also sent you a PM.

7. In my experince one that size would be between 40 and 50 pounds. Those measurements are on the upper end for size of a coyote . It sounds like a Alpha yote for sure.

8. Zdunn77

Zdunn77 New Member

Re: how now brown cow, daddy was a coonhound. no white belly! dropped price $ 2

New to Forum, thought this was an appropriate starting post. Most feral dogs and coyotes will not get along in my opinion, i know that feral dogs may form packs with other feral dogs but I have yet to hear of any forming a pack with coyotes. My friends dogs(which occasionally go missing for 1-3weeks) hate coyotes, and mine certainly wouldnt get along. Now Wolves on the other hand, Red Wolves will absolutely form packs with coyotes, check the Red Wolf Recovery Project list of packs and about 2/3 have a coyote in them(which are usually sterilized). If you read up on it, the scientists think most Red Wolves that were around had been breeding with coyotes when the actual Wolves started to become less and less common. So ALOT of Eastern Coyotes will have Red Wolf Genes in them, especially in eastern NC :-[ According to the scientists this means they arn't True Wolves, in my opinion they are more wolf than coyote just the gene pool shifted to have more coyote blood in it due to a lack of historic True wolf blood. As for dogs, if one dog breeds with a coyote, and that coyote breeds with more then they will have some domestic dog DNA in them. If only 1 in 800+ coyotes has domestic dog DNA, that tells me that it is extremely uncommon or them to interbreed.

P.S.-Anybody know if its legal to kill a hybrid Wolf/Coyote? ??? Id be curious as to what the law states on that topic as it can't technically be a Wolf and isn't technically a coyote ...not that id kill one anyways, i like the wolves, just not those big @$$ yotes eating all my deer

9. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

there are a bazillion coyotes in the u.s. so 1 in 800 ( by the way, boool sheeet) is still a lot of coydogs. but that`s beside the point, is there anyone out there, maybe 1 in 800 readers that has the money to buy this thing?

10. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

[​IMG]