1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need reproduction Mule Deer antlers made

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by ARMYSCOUTSNIPER, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ARMYSCOUTSNIPER

ARMYSCOUTSNIPER Member

Looking for contact information to someone who can recreate and make a set of mule deer antlers from pictures.
    Please dont refer me to Brad screen name Bradley from Spokane Washington. Its been over 2 years now since he said he would take the job and now he wont returns messages or my pics.
    Thanks for your time and any info would be appreciated.

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Although I do antler reproductions, there are very few who are capable of doing justice to what you are in need of. In fact only one name comes to mind that I can refer you to for such a project and that would be Tom Sexton. Others may attempt this project, but Tom can deliver. He won't be cheap, but he will be accurate.

3. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Call Dave Hale, Whitewood, South Dakota. 605-269-2578

4. antlerman

Yeah, come to think of it, I've heard of him too. Just haven't ever seen any of his work.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

"I'm w/ old fart, Dave Hale is your guy.

6. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

Bob Larson in Kansas can handle the job also

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I dont know the others but I know Tom Sexton... and he definitely can do the job!

8. antlerman

I've seen Larson's work. And his replica's. You had better go with one of the others if quality is important to you.

9. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

dont know what you have against Bob Larsons work ,and everyone has opinions but Bob's replicas and ability to recreate antlers from a picture are as good as anyone in the business

10. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

Bob did some repair work and painting for me a few years ago and it was damn near perfect. I think his work is good.

11. antlerman

Don't have anything against Bob personally. His repairs I'm sure are good. I saw his recreations at the WTC show and wasn't impressed. I've also seen his replica's and don't care for urethane plastic replica's either. To say he is as good as anybody in the business is crazy. That he is not. And yes that is my opinion, just the same, you have yours. As stated above, I have NOT seen Dave Hale's work all though I have heard that he is good. I have seen Sexton's and Larson's and there is no comparison. So with that said, I can NOT advise someone about someone whose work I have not seen. Hale's work is only rumored to me. However, I have first hand knowledge about the work of the others, so therefor I feel I can advise on them as I did. And trust me, IF I felt that Bob's work was comparable to Tom's I would have said so, But I don't feel that way. I am glad that you were happy with the work he did for you. He asked who was capable, and I told him who I feel is the best at what he wants done. I can not endorse Bob simply because I do Not feel he is the best. Capable? Yes, to a point. The Best? No way.