1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW Reunion UPDATES = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Oct 21, 2010.

1. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Re: Gator Wars Reunion = Turtle Fest 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

I will bring Rages just for the controversy! lol ;D

2. Re: Gator Wars Reunion = Turtle Fest 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Seriously, not a good place to hunt with rages. JMO

If Dan gets some people to come along, I will sit back and watch them drag Dan's deer out. lol

I will be working on an aluminum trailer for my bi......tricycle. LOL

Back to turtlefest...

sounds like a great time.

3. Eric E.

Eric E. Member

Im in! You need help just let me know.

Eric E.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I think each participant should get 1 shirt included if possible? but up to you?

Yes of course. It wouldn't become a tradition if we didn't follow tradition!

5. antlerman

Ross, you will love this. The winery is called, "The Copper Dock". All the roofs are being done in copper as is all the trimmings. I can already see us having to rent the entire facility for the whole weekend. Lets set a goal of 100 participants. If we get to 100, we'll shoot for 200. Blaine, you best be getting into those turtle ponds. Your gonna need a lot of turtles. Hope ya don't loose no fingers or toes to one of them snappers! LOL

6. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I will fence my pond off in the spring and start gathering them.lol then when its time to collect them I will just empty my pond it will fill up in 3-4 weeks..been there done that.lol

7. antlerman

I will rebuild the smoker with a new tank and new motor, paint it all up, add chrome stacks too. Might as well revive that old thing. It did a pretty good job after 30 years setting idle. Yes sir Mr. Mike, me and you on the hog duties.

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I didn't dare stay up all night with you guys and the hog, I knew I would be having a few drinks and wasn't suppose to be drinking! lol but that wine was great! might have to hang out on the next one..Tim if we are shooting for 100 people you better build another cooker for 2 boar.lol or switch it to a small Buffalo! lol

9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Lets hope by then I can drag my own deer out.... I get fixed and back to normal you won't know what to think. I can actually be hard to keep up with in the woods when I'm not broken... Be glad I killed mine 1st so it gave you some practice before you got that buck of yours... LOL

10. antlerman

Oh, I have a plan. Gonna build one out of a 500 gal propane tank. Will hold two hogs, one cow, or fifty chickens. LOL Gotta think about my non pork eating wittle fwiend this time.

11. Re: Gator Wars Reunion = Turtle Fest 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Hey, I ran land nav night ops too, Dan. I was just hobbling with you so you wouldn't feel bad. :D

I love wine, Tim. ;D

12. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Lookin' good Gatorheads!!!

13. red oak

red oak New Member

I'll drag dans deer out its the least i could do. now that i said that he'll shoot a 300 pound buck

14. antlerman

Well at least it will come with drag handles. I guess he hasn't told you about the 165lb button buck he shot. LOL
    Oh, and by the way, we don't drag deer, we carry them!!

15. psycho

The button buck I thought was a large doe with a baby. Unfortunately they were both buttonheads and both died from a 12 gauge slug. Unfortunately I killed a future monster and possibly 2. I became a better and more careful hunter after that. The big one had an 18 1/2 inch neck and was sold on here years ago to someone out west. I believe they took it to the 99 or 01 World Show and took a blue ribbon with it. They weren't dragged either... None of my deer are...

You can ask Ross about dragging deer. Ole Dan is the most stubborn mule around when it comes to that. The other night when I shot those Does I put the deer sled about 5 feet from her and one of the guys started to pick her up by the legs and I said "whoa wait a minute what are you doing?" He said he was going to drag her over to the sled. I told him, No your not.... I knocked down the thorn bushes and saplings next to her put the sled over the top of them and told him, now you can put her right into the sled. He said dragging her that little bit wasn't going to hurt her, I asked if he was the one mounting it.... Needless to say he shut up and hauled her out of the woods and up about a 40 foot hill... LOL The hide is beautiful..... ;D

16. antlerman

What does this have to do with TURTLES??? LOL Day two and were on page three already with 11 months to go. At this rate we will surpass the clique thread!! Hell, why not. LOL

17. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Unlike gator wars with this much time I believe I can arrange the time off work. Can we bring our own turtles?
    Ralph

18. psycho

I don't have a problem with it as long as it isn't an Alligator snapper. Alligator Snappers are protected here in Illinois. Dan

19. mdp62

mdp62 New Member

I will be there

20. antlerman

rbear and mdp62 added to list.