1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW Reunion UPDATES = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

When you guys going to be back from Fl. ?

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I have no clue I'm leaving everything up to Dan I'm sure we will be back when you get there

3. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

the one i'm bringing #1 was roadkill, it was never meant for competition, it was meant for practice....but it's the only one I had a form laying around for so, it's what i've got to work with! #2 it's also the first time i've ever mounted this species solo (hence why the skin was for practice heehee). I'm sure i'll learn a LOT from the critique, that's what i'm looking forward to! I could care less about the ribbons n stuff, some people get into that sort of thing, i'm not really one of those people. At any rate, when the waterworks stop we'll have to grab a glass of wine or two and wash it all away LOL, but overall i'm sure everything will be fine!

4. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Mikey- travel safe!!

Janna- it'll be better than fine, you'll do awesome. I don't drink, so I'll be your dd or d walker/shoulder or what ever;) I'm no ribbon hound either- just like the advice to improve myself. I'm still too green to be a hounder!

5. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

DD works lol, you'll love driving my car ;) heehee it's fast...and it's comfy! Same here with being green (i started learning in '03), i'll get to all that ribbon-flashing stuff in a few years...like ten lol. Right now i just want to absorb EVERYTHING so I can offer a broader range of services once I learn where all the customers are at down here!

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Hey make sure Dan doesnt forget to pick me up in St Louis !!!!!

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

LOL If I'm not back in time we'll have Timmy pick ya up and then we'll slide by his house and steal you and bring you back here! Will let you know where we are on the trip and will keep in touch. Until then we are in the hands of Perry and Bubba! Only the people that know them really appreciate that! LOL

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Dan knows his way around the airport he had to make 3 laps waitin on my arse! lol

9. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

You two have a good trip. See yall in a few days.

10. Bill Yox

Thanks Bob, see ya then. Dan r you bringing Perry with you?

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Here's a link for yet another vendor who will be here. This is Backwood's Barbie. You saw her at the World Show earlier this year. Now she's bringing her driftwood art display's to us. Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

http://www.backwoodsbarbiedriftwoodart.com/index.html

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Guys and Gals, it's almost show time. I recieved a phone call today that I think bears passing on. People are coming in caravan's. The turn out is apparently going to be stronger than I expected. So here's what I am asking, just so I can be prepared.

I had to place my order with the winery for the number of banquet meals yesterday. I ordered 75 meals. After this mornings phone calls, that may not be enough. So, if you plan to attend as a competitor and/or wish to attend the banquet PLEASE either call me at 618-669-2518, pm me here, or e-mail me at [email protected] PLEASE

I don't want to leave anybody out, nor do I want to be unprepared.

I can tell you this, the competition is going to be a strong one. Lots of folks are coming.

13. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Everybody travel safe and get here! Can't wait to see everyone again. See ya soon!

14. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Tim, watch for a package coming to your place. (( Box of paint.)) Paul B. must have forgot about us so I went ahead and ordered paints for us to use. Hopefully Paul gets our messages, I really wanted every to try his paints.

I decided to do a little extra. I will be showing them how to paint Jeff's eyes.

15. Bill Yox

Brian, isnt Paul in bear camp?

16. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    Ok this is a totally female thing, I am trying to pack and was wanting to know if the banquet is dressy. I don't want to show up in jeans and a t-shirt and find most everyone dressed up or be dressed up and find most in jeans and t-shirts. Like I said... a female thing but would kind of like to know since I have never stayed at any of the other conventions banquets. Tim..I am going to be at the banquet but my husband is still unsure if he can make it.

17. It's a touchy subject, Ittybit. It is a banquet, and not a summer picnic. That being said, you have your right to wear what you want, and most people do.

18. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

I will be going to the Banquet Tim

19. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Yeah I think he is.
    He talked with Tim and was to send paint for the guys in the class and possibly an airbrush to auction off. I don't think Tim has received anything or heard from him yet. :-\ So I bought some paint and had it shipped to Tim to cover our butt. LOL

20. Bill Yox

Ah ok. Paul owes you big now.