1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW Reunion UPDATES = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Oct 21, 2010.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Gator Wars Reunion UPDATE = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Why are they going to be foaming? LOL ??? Depending on what Tom wants to do, I don't think you or anyone else will be foaming unless Andy really brings a big ass tortoise.... LOL

Did I mention it's nice and cool tonight and I am hunting in the morning! ;D

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

he used it in his video although not much, but when you get 20+ people doing it at the same time........ We will see, may have to fill them with elephant mud LOL

3. psycho

More than one way to skin a cat and mount a turtle.... ;D

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Dan said something about stuffing them full of his sweaty hunting socks! ;D

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Dan doesn't sweat. He perspires. LOL

6. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

don't they both leave a stanky sock?! lol ;D

7. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Sure do!

8. psycho

:p We'll use Tommy's sweaty socks. I don't work hard enough to sweat or perspire. LOL :p

9. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

I don't believe that for a minute- you work harder than lots of guys & they don't hurt!! Tommy's stank socks will do though- you prolly use some froofroo girlie spray in your shoes so we only THINK you don't sweat.

10. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.

Sarahdj when does your dad start booking bear hunts? does he have a brochure you can mail so I can show my hunting buddies? Can I bring a fifty cent size painted turtle maybe I can keep up with Harley then.

11. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

If my back don't get better soon, you could do a bus load of turtles and finish before me , It's been out going on 2 weeks and the way I've been hobbling around I make Dan look like an olympic runner. This one is freaking me out, because I did nothing really to put it out and it normally only lasts a couple of days when it does go out.

Dan I don't know how you do it brother

12. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Dad books them all year starting at the end of the season, which was mid-October. He isn't by any means filled up yet, but there is a group of guys that wants to come together one week and they would fill it up. So- if you would want opening week (that's when my husband & I go) you might want to give him a ring. Shoot me your address & I'll send you a flyer. I keep them here in the shop. Applications are done over the internet in the spring & he will shoot you a reminder call once you get "on the list." Applying is free- you don't pay unless you get drawn. Cool!! Hope you come!!!

13. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

On that note I have a story for you. A TRUE story at that. Many years ago I was racing stock cars. Long story short, I got hit from behind one night and it ended my racing forever. Snapped something in my back and lived with the pain for nearly 15 years. when I had my heart attack and opened my chest up they popped my back into place. Felt like a new man. Wear and tear on my body and I have this pinch in my left shoulder that I've been getting cortisone shots in for years just to be able to move my arm. 3 days ago I was at the winery helping my buddy. Some posts got thrown into a rolloff dumpster that he didn't want to throw away. He was using the backhoe and I was on the ground directing his moves for the bucket. A big piece of a aluminum that weighed around 100 lbs came out in the bucket and was on the ground. I grabbed it and went to fling it back up into the dumpster. When I got almost full swing my shoulder popped so hard. I swear I felt everything rip inside and immediately headed for my truck. I was done and in so much pain I didn't want Steve to know how much pain I was in. I literally could not lift my arm. All that night I kept a heating pad on it. The next day I was sore as hell. By day two I had almost no pain. Today I feel no pain and can move my shoulder and arm better than I have been able to in years. Sometimes I think we need readjusted. Maybe go tackle a bull and fight him to the ground. You will probably pop that back right back into place. Dan just needs to go stand in front of a train. I swear it will straight him right back up. ;)

14. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.

Dan I would pick a scaled down model.

15. psycho

One about the size of a silver dollar.... ;D

16. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Are you ready to start taking money?
    Ralph

17. psycho

Funny you brought this up. I had a call about it today.... LOL I think everyone needs to see what dates will work...... If Tim is willing again, which I'm sure knowing Tim he'll be the first to say hell yes.... LOL

18. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I'm ready! I will be glad to bring another boar, and more than likely tanning materials maybe we can talk Aubrey into coming too! I'm thinking bigger with more options on what to learn! lol we need to book willie too that was cool...just a thought anyone have ideas?

19. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

I hope the dates stay the 23rd 24th & 25th of Sept. I have them off and it is not easy for me to change days.
    Ralph

20. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I hope they stay the same also, besides I already have the shirts started.lol ;D