1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW Reunion UPDATES = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Oct 21, 2010.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Re: Gator Wars Reunion UPDATE = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Just talked to Michael P. He's in. Bring a stand and a manikin and work hand to hand with The Pedistal Backing Man himself. He missed last years event, But he'll be here this year. YeeHAW!!

Oh, and we've got Michael's blessings to title this "Taxidemry Mafia Wars". It comes complete with a domain name for a website and more.

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

sounds good!

3. antlerman

We will name our members "The Taxidermy Mafia" as it is fitting for what these events are meant for, and we can still add Turtle Fest or whatever else you want, but I think we will have much more than just turtles added to make this a much more rounded event with many different area's of interest to boost the participation.

Maybe just.... BENEFIT 2011 or something along that line.

4. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Sounds like we are going to have to decide what we want to do while we are there. Are you sue 3 days is enough. I want to do a little drinking while I'm there seeings there is a winery!!
    Ralph

5. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Just talked to Mike Mizelle he said the same thing. He said he wants to see it all and his birthday is the 22nd and we might just have to party too, oops I mean more! I think we might have people torn on what they want to do. LOL Tim are you going to try and get Dennis down for this too? This is already going to be huge. Might have to break it up into 5 hour seminars! LOL

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

any option for just a one day pass? I will have 2 more rugrats by then and chances of momma letting me out of the house for an entire weekend will be slim to none LOL

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

rotating seminars sounds good that way everyone can catch everything if they want. how many classes are we talking about and how many hours would each require?

8. antlerman

We will develop a schedule once everything is in place. an example will be: Turtles may go all weekend, but then say on Fri afternooon will be a tine repair class. On Sat Morning will be a Yox seminar. On Sat afternoon will be a Michael P seminar, On sun morning a seminar and on sun afternoon a seminar. We will break it up like a state convention does. And yes, I'm gonna try to get Dennis here also. And Jamie to do some finish work stuff.

9. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Keep me in the loop Timmy!!! Let me know if you need a shop um, well, you know;)

10. antlerman

Harley, I will see what I can do once a schedule of events is nailed down. It is definitely something to consider.

11. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

let me know if you guys need anything, we're definately in. we'll be driving up and we're close to WASCO so if we need to fill the trunk with supplies to save u guys on shipping just let me know!!

12. antlerman

Just to let you all know, I just talked to Jamie. Not comfirmed yet, but it's a strong possibilty that he and Dennis will be added to the lineup. Keep your fingers crossed. LOL

13. antlerman

Will do Janna. Thank You.

14. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio

Hey Tim
    If you can get Aubrey to join in, I'd say a tanning and shaving seminar may be a hit!!
    I'm planning on attending!

15. Re: Gator Wars Reunion UPDATE = Turtle Fest & MORE 2011 Sept. 23, 24, & 25

Dang - Don't you guys know that is bow season?

Bruce

16. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio

Hey Bruce, you wouldn't want to kill anything that early anyway. you'd have to miss the rut if you did. LOL!

17. mdp62

mdp62 New Member

Dont forget me Tim I want in

Lee

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

After my deer class, can I get in the mix and mount a gator with the other students??? Ok, or a turtle? Is a turtle without a shell a gator anyway?

19. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Bill we can work on eye rotations! LOL ;D

20. antlerman

I guess you have a decision to make then big guy. Go sit in the woods alone, or come hang out with your friends and have a blast! HUm, yeah tuff decision, I know. See Ya here Fokker! LOL