1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 49-50 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 49-50 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!!
    I hope you all are getting work in this fall and your clients are picking up the work they dropped off this summer! With so much talent out there as demonstrated by the wonderful work of you fellow fishheads I know our beloved industry is affording the client today some of the very best in taxidermy art!

Over the past 2 weeks we have all enjoyed some of the most incredible displays of inspirational fish works of art! So many incredible fish are shared across the cyber world and in to the homes of fellow taxidermist and clients alike! I enjoy seeing the progression and the raw talent of the dedicated contributors! Friendliness and positive comments of motivation is a great place to start in upward direction of inspiration! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming months and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of the Week In Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

This week I would like to share the work of an up and coming Taxidermist from the Great State of Texas! Capt. Bruce Miller of San Antonio is not only a fantastic fishing guide he is now a fellow Fishhead!! Bruce came out here to Anglers Artistry for 15 days to learn many aspects of fish taxidermy and in his stay he learned custom carving, custom eye painting how to prep replicas and do some very fine paint work! Practice is the key to any of this art we do! I know Bruce is on his way to more days of practice and time spent learning the art of being a very good taxidermist! Please enjoy the work of Capt. Bruce Miller!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in 2 weeks!

So with out further ado let's get week # 49-50 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 49-50 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is Bruce working on his custom carved body for his skin mounted Speckle trout.

[​IMG]

Here is Bruce Skin mount ready to dry.

[​IMG]

Here is Bruce working on his Spec!

[​IMG]

Here is Bruce painting on a Rainbow!

[​IMG]

Here is Bruce working on his Red Drum!

[​IMG]

Here is Bruce Painting a Bass!

[​IMG]

A little food in between the work!

[​IMG]

A touch of Fall in a Vision of Autumn inspiration out side the shop!

[​IMG]

A New Hampshire Fall tradition the Keene Pumpkin festival!

[​IMG]

Here is Capt Bruce Miller with is outstanding works of fish art! Way to go Bruce!

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    Office; 603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice Bruce - Rick! :) Thanks Ollie

3. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

very nice

4. alexm

alexm New Member

Great Fish :eek:

5. dougp

dougp Active Member

Capt. Bruce....great job! I'll bet you enjoyed your time with Rick. Looks like Kathy took VERY good care of your appetite too, eh!!!

Rick, it's always good to get a peek at your classes and students work. I admire your passion.

Here's a couple color variations of skin mounted perch. The double is from Lake Mich. and the single from a Mn. inland lake.

The last TWIFP had some terrific examples of fish art......great job guys!! ;D :eek:

DougP

Attached Files:

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

Here's the single...........

DougP

Attached Files:

7. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Perca...WOW!
    Now that is impressive!
    Care to ellaborate on the process by which one turns a 15" Perch into a 21" Perch?

8. Manny

Manny New Member

The Perch is great !

It almost looks as if it were sectioned.

9. DanB

DanB New Member

Capt. Bruce nice fish work. Also, some nice looking PERCH! :eek:

Here is a walleye replica for a client. A one-sided pedestal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

nice walleye Dan

11. sherri gray

sherri gray Office Manager

WOW Bruce the fish look great!! Who could have taken that photo? Glad you made it home safe, cant wait to see some of your work here on Taxi-net.
    Talk Soon,
    Sherri

12. scanman

scanman New Member

Here's a grayling I finished up for myself. It is a Fisherman's Tale Replica and Still life lenses.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Awesome work so far, love those perch, waldo, and grayling! It's been hard for me to stay in the shop lately with the bucks running and the fall bite happening. :D But here is a female blue gill skin mount that I just finished.

Jason S

Attached Files:

14. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Here's the back side ;) :D

Jason S

Attached Files:

15. AnglingArtisan

23.5"- 7.25 lb. Female Rainbow (with SHOULDERS :eek:)
    A hatchery fish custom molded for a customer

Attached Files:

16. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great work to all,Thanks for posting.

17. WNWA

WNWA New Member

there's some nice loooking fish starting out this week guy's, keep up the
    great work and thanks for sharing.....

18. AnglingArtisan

Another Bulldog Brown...
    (MBNT-17) 28"X 18"- 13 LBS.

Attached Files:

19. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Perca, Daniel,J.Scanlan great work! Beautiful trouts Angling A. ::) Thanks for sharing. Ollie

20. WOW, some fantastic fish everyone.
    Here is a pike I just finished. Brad
    [​IMG]