1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 49-50 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful rainbow AnglingArtisan. I love the pike mount runnoft.

2. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Great fish as always!!! I haven't posted in awhile but here is a muskie ( musky ) from me

Attached Files:

3. Man Rich you are on it man!!!!!!! Nice work!!!!

Brad that is one sweet Northern. One of the best I've seen. Very clean looking mount!!!

4. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great looking Trout,Musky.Love the Pike

5. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Nice Work Rich. That hatchery fish looks like one of our PA stockies. Gotta love those big NY Browns.
    I have a 22" hen bow molded for a NJ client.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also thought I would introduce Dandelion. She is the 2nd service dog I am raising and with show seasons soon to start some of you may get to meet her.
    [​IMG]

6. Beautiful dog Gary, hope we get the chance to meet her! Here's a SM Bass I just finished up to be donated to our local Ducks Unlimited Chapter to be raffled off at their upcoming banquet. If it looks a lot like my avitar, it's because it came from the same mold ;D

Attached Files:

7. Beautiful pike. Very nice display.

8. a norther from a couple years ago

Attached Files:

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful rainbow Gary, and nice dog!

10. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

great looking fish fellow fishheads

11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Some seriously sweet looking fish this week!!!!

Nothing too special for me in a while. Working on a TON of wholesale fish. Here are two going to a taxidermist in Omaha, NE

Jimmy

Attached Files:

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Smallie 7lbs.

Attached Files:

13. Jimmy Lawrence

another angle.

Attached Files:

14. Jason S

Jason S New Member

15. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Some great looking fish Jimmy

16. Hello all,

Its been way too long since I posted in here. I've been very busy, but I've had time to lurk in the background and see all the fish pics over the weeks.
    Its always inspirational to me.

So here are two fish from me this week.

The first is an oddball from the Amazon basin.
    An Amazon Redtailed Catfish, born in captivity and died due to an overeating habit. He is 26" long and a custom replica.
    Let me say this fish was Crazy fun to work on, just an amazing animal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the second fish is a personal trophy of mine, and a special one at that.

A skin mount of a 14.5" male brook trout under leaves.
    Many years ago in late September when I was a small boy sitting in school. I looked up and saw my dad standing in the hall.
    He signaled me over and me and the teacher approached. He had a present for me and was giving me a "Half day" (much to the dislike of the teacher).
    As we walked to the car I looked and realized he had been pheasant hunting, but I also realized the fishing poles were set in the back.
    He told me he found something while hunting he wanted me to see. After a drive to a small wooded stream he told me he had found brook trout he had no idea where there, and today was the closing day of the season for the year. We had been trying all year to catch a trout, my first trout. We walked excitedly to the stream and cast our worms under the roots and there hidden beneath beautiful fall leaves floating on the surface I caught my first trout. A 14.5" male brook trout, it was a breathtaking moment. I stared at that fish for quite a while, just amazed by its colors and shape.
    Our financial situation was fairly unstable and we were unable to have a mount made, so into the pan he went and It was delicious.
    20 years later, I found a trout that was exactly the same in shape and color and decided its time to preserve that memory forever.

As I type this I am looking up at my trout and remembering the smell of the leaves and the sound of the forest.

This is why I take my job seriously. Nearly every fish that comes into my shop has memories like mine attached to them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. dougp

dougp Active Member

Beautiful Josh!

The story you told is also what led me to into the realm of fish taxidermy. Memories are very special.......thanks for posting that. I wish more people could plug into the sentiment attached to mounted fish and not just the "trophy" aspect.

DougP

18. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    WELL SAID JKNUTH!!!!!!!You also have the heart of a romantic, not a trait found these days!~

19. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

josh!!!! jawdropping

20. nate

nate Active Member

Awsome story Josh and interesting fish. That brookie is stunning!!