1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 49-50 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. That smallimouth is incredible!

2. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Outstanding sea trout Oliver F.

3. I love those "chrome" browns, nice job. Ken, I would expect nothing less!

4. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

Hey Oliver!
    Can you tall me how did you make so nice scales? And can you tall stap by step which colore did you us for painting?
    really nice trout! Bravo!

5. RokSAN, theres a paint tutorial of a great lakes brown that is very similar to that fish. For some reason it wasnt put into the tutorial section but if you dig back a couple months you may find it.

6. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

7. of

of New Member

RokSAN, the tutorial from mvernelson is excellent. I could not explain it any better. The key is to use several layers of paint to get depth in your scales. Use clear coats in between. That brown trout from the tutorial is one of the best I´ve ever seen. So try to follow that tutorial.

8. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

Whit what did you paint on scales. What kind of paint? did you use airbrush or just a brush? or pencle?
    Thank you For respond! But somekind of movie would be really helpfull. ;) what do you think?
    I hope I will star with 2 Grayling soon and try this on bigger scales on grayling.

9. of

of New Member

I use liquid scales in different colors and powders. If you want a movie, buy one of Rick Kranes DVD´s. They are worth the money!!

10. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

Excellent! What color you recommend me for grayling and brown trout?

11. of

of New Member

Use whatever is necessary to get the look of your reference, mostly golds and silvers for basecolor and then pearlescent and shimmering powders. Brown and black for shadows. That´s all it takes. Don´t use general paint schemes, always refer to your specific fish.

12. scot14222

scot14222 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has any videos on painting speckled trout and rainbow trout with a bristle brush and acrylic paint as I am just starting out at mounting fish and I don't have airbrush gear yet ,the majority of the fish I will be working on will be trout.

Thanks - scot14222