1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

albino eyes

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by roadkillonroute3, Oct 24, 2010.

1. roadkillonroute3

roadkillonroute3 New Member

hello! i need some help with eyes. i am going to be mounting up an albino button buck cape but cant figure out what to do about the eyes. i am going to have to order a custom 24mm size, but do albino deer actually have pink eyes? i keep finding pictures of live pure white deer with pale yellow/blueish eyes. are these not pure albinos?
    example
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmnorthwoods/4817473403/

i cant seem to find any pictures of live albino deer with pink eyes, only pictures of mounts pop up. i plan on using pink eyes anyway, just wanted to make sure since i couldnt find any pictures of live pure albino deer

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Re: help with form and eyes

I would order the appropriate button buck form. also Mckenzies has a suggested eye size I wouldn't go any farther than 2 millimeters in either direction when ordering.. hope this helps

3. roadkillonroute3

Re: help with form and eyes

thank you for your help! i ordered the button buck form but now i need help with some eyes! i am going to order a custom pair from tohickon, but do albino deer actually have pink eyes or do they have light blue/yellow? i am searching for pictures and i keep seeing these pure white deer with pale yellow/blueish eyes.

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Just tell them albino, they will be a shade of pink

5. boneman-2008

boneman-2008 Member

Yes albinos do have pink eyes . Last winter i spotted a albino doe with a pieblad doe fawn and a button buck very lite cinamon coat . The mother had the hooves and eyes pink and the buck had pink eyes also . As a matter of fact while bowhunting last week i saw a albino grey squirrel close up he also had very pink eyes .

6. Roger Ralph

Roger Ralph Member

WY
    I think that they most often have pink eyes, but it's not a rule. Albinos lack pigment in the skin and eyes. That picture you posted doesn't show pink eyes. Maybe they can be just about any shade, other than brown.

7. boneman-2008

boneman-2008 Member

here is a picture of cinamon deer with pink eyes i hope it comes out ok , 1st time using photobucket and posting a picture here

Attached Files:

8. roadkillonroute3

thats a really neat looking deer! i ordered a custom pair of pink eyes from tohickon. there are different forms of albinoism i think, so maybe only pure albinos have the pink eyes. or they can have any color eye besides the normal dark brown. thank you for the help!

9. boneman-2008

boneman-2008 Member

Here is the cinamon ones sister , never did get one of momma

Attached Files:

10. roadkillonroute3

wow shes gorgeous! ive been loving piebald and albino deer lately, something about them i guess =]