1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hand Mold

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by srholmes30, Oct 25, 2010.

1. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi,Was looking into making a mold/cast of my hand.I did find some info in the Search.I have seen Keepsake Craft kits, I have NO idea what to use or how to use it.Something simple if possible.LOL

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Alginate for the mold and then Bondo and resin for the cast.

3. http://www.tfbplastics.com/lifecasting/lifecasting-alja-safe-starter-kit.html

This is a complete kit that we offer.

4. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Doug can you get several castings out of that? Or just one?

5. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi, Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply.

6. Kari, I would say 1 hand cast from the kit. You can always order the components in larger quantities as needed.

If you order, let then know we talked.

7. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Molded hands

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,89778.0.html

8. Sr.Holmes & Kari,
    One advantage I like, using the wax mold method, shown in the link above, is that you can melt the wax mold down and re-mold as many times as you like, or if you are not pleased with the mold you make the 1st attempt...
    Good Luck !

9. huntsheds

huntsheds New Member

Utah
    Bridges, I just went on to the web site you posted, but i do not know anything about molding and casting. I want to try to replicate a large mule deer antler. What rubber material would be better than silicone to brush on the antler to make my mold? sorry to get off the hand subject.

10. Rebound 25 is my choice. That is silicone rubber by the way. Also get a product called Thi-Vex to thicken the outermost coat(s) on the antlers.