1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

are archie phillips bass blanks made in china

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by joe, Oct 26, 2010.

1. joe

joe Member

i got one of there bass blanks in today and it was boxed made in china

just wondering

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Would be smart if it was. I have a friend that manufactured "Chili Grills" which are sold through Cabella's and other catalogs. He used to make them all in his wharehouse but can now get them made and shipped in from China cheaper than he can buy the raw materials for.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Yes, they are made in China.

4. greener

greener New Member

Thats why our unemployment is so high. :mad: All jobs are going over seas...... It is a vicious cycle but all you can do is buy from a differnt company.

5. You can thank Walmart for that trend.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Remember when America was UNION strong. I do. Just saying. Americans sold out. But you ain't seen nothing yet. With the debt we owe China, they will own us lock stock and barrel before it's over. Think about it, you can't even communicate today without it going thru a Japan or China company. Cell phone, computer, etc. And manufacturing.Ha Forget it. Those people want to work and their economy allows for them to. We have driven our economy into the ground with taxation. When it's government puts a restriction on how many kids you are allowed to have because they ain't supporting you, I'd say they are a whole lot smarter than we are. Yes, Archie's replica's are made in China and he brags about it in his business seminars.

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

No, you can thank our government for that trend. They taxed everyone into moving overseas.

8. Jason S

Jason S New Member

I bought one once. I figure, that I buy enough stuff "made in China" unwillingly.
    But I think most of his blanks are still manufactured in the USA.

9. joe

joe Member

i got the invoice today 8# bass $50.00 shipping 10.00 for a grand total of $60.00 what are they costing him 25.00 shipped from china

10. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

hes not the only supply company having things manufactured in China!

11. RAS

RAS Member

AL
    antlerman, not trying to start anything here but what do you mean when you say "remember when America was UNION strong(?) we are not anymore? is/was that a good thing? I'm just saying......................

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Here we go with the union thing again :D

13. antlerman

In my opinion, YES, And thats all I'm gonna say about that, LOL

14. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

if there weren't unions there would be less jobs left in this country. I am Union 100% and have fought with the company over Mexico and China my company is a world company to begin with so its hard to keep their business here but if it were not for the union there would be thousands in my area alone out of work! because of being union we gained more customers for our products it was preferred that their vendors were union positions with a low turn over rate of employees..if you work where I do people stay there from the age of 18 until they retire it is a secure well paying work environment if they went non union with less pay they would have a 50% turn over rate of employees a year instead of less than 2%
    I love it when the company tells you the customer wants a union environment!

15. Unions have not helped my area ever. just cost people jobs. If you really think the unions have helped how can you be conservative?

16. antlerman

and Blaine, that's the kind of thing that kept America strong. Now lawmakers want to give companies incentives to move overseas. Can you say; Hell in a hand basket?

John, I try to be respectful, but sometimes youre just plain stupid. I know many many many people who are conservative and are also pro union. That is retarded to say that if you are conservative that you are anti union. That's just stupid, and is absolutely not true.

17. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I know unions have helped the average factory wage in my area is 12 dollars a hour, the average where I work is 19-20 a hour and they are the largest employer for 80 miles in any direction. and have plants world wide. the only reason they keep the jobs here is because we are union our customers are union at times we are week but we have gotten a lot stronger over the last 8 years because of changes within the union and the company when the company's stock went from $330 a share to $1.30 a share it was the workers that bailed them out in this area normally we are in a keep your mouth shut and just work mode when they were about to go belly up workers stepped up and streamlined production without the company asking us to we turned off light switches, we saved them every cent we could and they know that! when they were canning all the people they could to save money they hardly touched the union workers because they knew from past experiences that we would work with them to help them..we took optional time off without pay when things got slow but we still made a decent check. without asking we took every other light bulb out we unplugged appliances we could do without and we did this because our union stepped in and asked everyone to work with them and help them instead of letting things get worse.

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I'd dare to say probably $5 for the blanks per 1,000 piece lots and container charge. Less than $10 total per piece......probably more like $7-$8 each with freight included. You can get a hell of alot of bass blanks in one container.

If they arrive in port at Mobile he can claim them himself or pay a very small charge for delivery.

19. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

LOL.

You guys stay out of the FIsh Taxidermy Threads!!! LOL. stick to your own areas! :)

Archie is a business man. Probably THE most sucessfull in the taxidermy industry PERIOD. Doesn't mean what he does is right, or wrong.

He makes money. Alot of money. The quality is what it is. LOL.

Mp- The reds doing any good down there? my buddy in Fl is tearing them up right now. Big gator trout too .

20. All of the Union jobs here have gone away, totally away. The plants are gone. Non union plants are still here and open. We have a huge diecasting plant. Average wage there is 12.00 an hour, maybe not big money for IL or Michigan or PA. but they are expanding!!! Another plant has expanded and adding 150 jobs again NON UNION.

Levi Strauss went away years ago because of the UNION. But down at Star City they remained open until a few years ago.

While 12-15 dollars an hour may not be much where you are at its darn good here. and no Union crap to deal with.

Look at all the money UNIONS waste to put Democrats in office.