1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Experimental Mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by TN Bucknasty, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Bucknasty, This mount has been done thousands of times. I agree it portrays taxidermist and hunters in a negative manner.

2. orion

orion Marty Silva

Hey,

While it may not be my cup of tea it is your mount. So if you like it fine, it is still a free country. I think.

3. Roger Ralph

Roger Ralph Member

WY
    I don't care for it, but it's your mount.

4. I agree with Hoosiertaxman it is looking at. Kinda like it just found a new birthmark or something.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

More like 2,000 times. And it is still tacky.

6. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

X2

7. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Why don't you mount the whole deer and stick it through the gut...

I'd much rather gut shoot one than hit it there....

That's a piss poor depiction of both animal and technique..

8. TN Bucknasty

TN Bucknasty New Member

Good idea, and maybe while we're exploring new ideas, you could change your user name to a$$hole or arrogant prick. Thanks for the constructive criticism. What a dick!

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Thats Dick Cyclone, to you bucknasty.

10. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Ok Mr. "Go Big Money" T

I lmao and think of you every time I see Flo say GO BIG MONEY.

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

OH GOD!! :D :D
    Because of Mr T's thread asking if we thought she was hot, EVERY time I see her I think of him :D :D

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

She still erks me, I cant stand her. Nerds,, that insurance is for nerds. I hate nerds.

Where you been Holmer?

13. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

"Go Big Money" LMAO!!!

14. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Ive been everywhere. Just busy and got away from the computer what seems like a few weeks but turned into months. Ill try to be around more.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I thought you maybe got flooded out again, for good.

16. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Havent had any floods for a while. Just been working. We just had a week long muzzle loader season and I didnt even find time for that for some reason. But the first weekend in Nov. Im taking my little girl on her first deer hunt so Im ready for that and so is she.

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I still get a laugh out of bowhunters who use an arrow to kill a deer BUT find it "offensive" to see one in a mount ??? Stupid.

18. Mink

Mink New Member

I know what you mean -- I got a similar response when I mounted a bobcat stepping into a steel trap. People said it was offensive or too controversial, when, in fact, the bobcat really had been caught and killed in a trap! I don't think there's anything wrong with portraying how the animal was taken, as long as you do it tastefully.

TN Bucknasty, I think once you add more habitat around your deer it'll look better, though it doesn't look too bad right now. I do agree that he looks too calm though, but, you did say it was an experiental mount! I think it is always good to experiment and try things that are new to you, especially if it's a personal mount.

19. orion

orion Marty Silva

Micheal, I don't find it offensive so much as I just don't like the way it is portrayed to all of those that don't hunt. And personally I don't enjoy the part of hunting where the animal is dying. I killed a lot of animals with a rifle before I started bowhunting and with a rifle you shoot the animal either drops or runs off and then you walk up to your trophy.

The first animal I shot with my bow was a bear out of a treestand at a distance of 5 yards the arrow double lunged him and he didn't even understand what had happened as he turned and looked at the hole in his side. Then he fell over and for about a minute I sat there listening to his lugs rattling as they were filling with blood and watched him kick a few times before he gave a final growl and was dead. It is a lot more intimate being there as they die and the dying process for me is my least favorite part of the hunt.

There are a lot of people out there that are against hunting and even more that are on the fence about it and I just don't want to be the one to push somebody off the wrong side of the fence. Plus, I don't know about in your part of the country but in my area bowhunters get a bad rap and portraying animal that looks healthy with an arrow in its side kinda bolsters what some of the rifle hunters around here say about us wounding and not recovering.

To each his own on how they feel about it but that is just a little insight into why I feel the way I do.

Marty

20. TN Bucknasty

TN Bucknasty New Member

Thanks. I appreciate that. I agree with you. I think maybe the arrow brings a little too much reality to the situation for most people. It was just something I wanted to try.