1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's everyone working on ?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Manny, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

Come on people it's been slow here lately....
    Must mean everyone has been working hard.

So lets see you work in progress ! Whatever it might be.

Here is what I have been working on.
    It's a personnel piece... There will be another bass perched on the taller branch of the driftwood which I haven't molded yet.

The bait fish were sculpted out of super sculpy then molded and casted. They will take on a copper patina finish hopefully.

Got to put it on hold now that some muleys or coming in.

Attached Files:

2. 3D skin mount smallie

Attached Files:

3. Side shot! :)

Attached Files:

4. 31 inch piggy walleye ;D

Attached Files:

5. Both of these fish are ready to be painted. I am also working on my roosterfish but the blank fell (little kids+fiberglass replica= not good :mad: ) and i am repairing it. :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'(

6. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I've got a Smallie mount to do now and another one, just a little bigger, right after. Then maybe a trout and some bluegill. I've got lots of fish in the freezer for this winter to mount.

7. Awesome! I love threads like this, its fun to see other people working on things.

Manny the display is looking good.
    Grady well done!

Man have I been busy! not just fish but everything from home improvement to other art related projects, here are a few.

1st is a personal project.
    A 34" absolute beaten boot of an Atlantic salmon I caught a few years back. Talk about scuffs and scars. This fish had road rash! he had a swollen wound on his caudal peduncle with wicked tooth marks from a big King salmon.

[​IMG]

Next is a few crappie skin mounts and a small chain pickerel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I move into the non fish arena.
    A handmade desktop style scale model of a Cessna 140 built to specifically match a customers actual plane.

[​IMG]

And the last few???
    Well its almost Halloween and I need to be prepared. I was running low on severed heads so I had to whip up a new batch! BUAHHAHHAHAHA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;D

8. Wholesale skin mounts...

Attached Files:

9. I have been working on three Black Crappies, molding, casting, and now that hound bear season is over I will get back at finishing them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rwenglish1 really great casts. i am just starting to cast my first white crappie, finished the mold for it yesterday and boy do i need to improve ::)

11. [​IMG]

A few larger fish. 50 pound striper and a couple 45 lb stripers.

Lake boat needs some repairs or we would be out ofter more big stripers.

[​IMG]

12. just finished up a customer skin tiger trout.. thanks for the guidance Rick Krane....

Attached Files:

13. Thank you Gradycodd, I appreciate the compliment. rw

14. hambone

hambone Member

Nice fish classic tails

15. TY- couldn't have came out so sweet, without the help from Rick... so glad I live so close to someone so talented... Guys a first class act.

16. gus

gus New Member

This is from last week, what I should have been working on.
    [​IMG]
    This is what I did instead.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

very cool redfish mount gus. and nice costume.

18. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

25'' Yelloweye Rockfish from Lake Country Replicas.

First for me, and kinda interesting to work on. Scales have an interesting texture on them, and the head is wicked too!!!

Prefer Jeff's SLL, but as of yet, he doesn't have any big enough. I had some GINORMOUS flexeyes given to me with a bunch of blanks, so I threw these in there.

Turned out ok?

Im back in Iowa hunting, and watching my brother play ball for a couple days, but will be back in the grind kickin some reproduction arseee!!!!!!

Jimmy

Attached Files:

19. WNWA

WNWA New Member

gus and jimmy great looking fish, also everyone else,thanks for sharing....

20. Getting ready to move so no fish for me, but I did get a scale model done in a record breaking 5 hrs yesterday!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]