1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's everyone working on ?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Manny, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Hi Matt,
    That Crappie Blank is 15"L x 12"G x 2 lbs. It came from a farm pond in Middlefield Ohio. A nice stocky fish.
    Thanks for asking!

2. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

That "lumpsucker" looks like my bluegill casts :'(

3. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

just about half way through the casting/molding process of a 30.4lb common carp. its our states record for archery tackle, so I'm more than a little excited to have it my Lil shop!

Thanks for the tips, boarhunter. ;)

4. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

Here are the molds cleaned and ready for tomorrow. Can't wait to get the first casts from them. Thanks GaryB, Josh K, JE John, and others who helped me get hooked on molding fish!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JE

JE Well-Known Member

LOL
    Looking forward to seeing your fish finished Ken.

6. wishbone

wishbone New Member

busy last weekend and this one

[​IMG]

7. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

Here are the cast blanks. The Crappie has a crack no big deal easy fix. Black crappie, Chain Pickeral, and a 2 Flier's same mold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. It looks like a lot of molding and casting is going on...
    Here is my latest cast. 12" Lake Erie Perch !

Attached Files:

9. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

High impact photo Don! I sure wish I could figure out how to get an all black background on my fish photos. It sure makes the fish POP! I've tried several options but nothing worked, and I just can't justify the expense of one of the high tech software programs that will "git er done."

10. Doug,
    The background on your avatar looks great !
    Perhaps you could use that to show case you fish ?

Don

11. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Perca.........

Perca, you can send me pics (large picture file) and I can put them on a black background or other backgrounds. I do quite a few for people on taxi.net.

:)

Kerby...

[​IMG]

12. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Don,
    That background on my avatar is an old piece of gray felt tacked on my shop wall. It shows all of the shadows from the 2 lights I use. The shadows are what I'd like to eliminate. I am thinking some of the elite guys who post photos either have expensive studio lights or have a professional take their shots for advertising?

Kerby,
    That's a mighty generous offer but....I sell fish on ebay and usually post up 3-5 photos of each fish and I sell hundreds of them. I'm sure that would be way more than you would bargain for. Thank you anyway. [​IMG]

13. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Perca,.......

Perca, at $5 a picture you can send all you want.

:)

Kerby...

14. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Kerby,
    It sounds like you've got a good business doing that. I can see why my volume is actually something you'd like to do, but then your services become overhead that would take a big bite out of my meager profit. I'll leave it at that....eh?

15. Doug,
    Actually you hit it right on the head. I use a frame with black felt stretched and tacked across it. My pics are all take with an inexpensive pocket camera, I got for "Rewards", from using a credit card. Perhaps the key is the software I use to develope the pics. Photo plus 3.
    That is really all I do..

Attached Files:

16. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Thanks Don. I tried black felt once but the automatic features of my camera (also a cheapo) gave an exposure that was unuseable. I think I'll give it another try with different lighting. I also got another tip from a kind forum member so between the two maybe my photos will improve. Thanks again.

17. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

[​IMG]
    photoshop and green or blue screen crab

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice crab CrabCrazy!

Here is my latest bass, a 360 mount. Still need to finish the other side, do some touchups and get it on the base, but here it is now. The scale tipping barely shows up in the photo.

Attached Files:

19. Crazy crab, Crab crazy ! very nice. love the detail!

I started a FB blog so my customers can check out the stats on their fish, see the process, and critique it along the way. Also makes it for a more" personal experience".

But you all can feel free to check out what kind of projects im up to. Also see some of the stages, trail and errors, and complete mayhem that goes on in my cramped 400 sqft apt/studio.

http://www.facebook.com/MarineCreationsTaxidermy

20. Wanted to give this thread a bump.. It's always inspiring to me to see the process of creation from others on here..
    All the Best-CT

RAINBOW..

Attached Files: