1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's everyone working on ?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Manny, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Really nice looking Pike so far Brian. Now that all the nasty work is done the fun painting begins and that fish looks fun to paint with great detail showing. Pike are a hard fish to skin mount but the more you do the faster you get, but they still take time. It takes me a better part of a day to skin a big Musky and it kicks my butt. TOday is a fun day because I got to start painting again. Here are 3 bass I started on this morning and almost have them done. I also washed 62 sets of paired fins and 22 replicas I cast over the last week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Yeah, Randy, I still have the tips of couple fingers feeling a little numb from skinning that one.....lol. Bass look great and once again, you've been a busy little beaver with the molds....I guess someone else can cut that grass this spring eh?..... ;D

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Randy, you must be able to paint fish with your eyes closed you do so many !
    I could not even imagine doing that many fish, hats off to you for keeping the standards so high.
    John

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

So much good work on here. You guys are really good.

Here is a bass I'm mounting. Its a 360 mount, belly cut. Here are pics after the first (rough) apoxie work.

Attached Files:

5. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Gator finished.......

Attached Files:

6. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Great to see this thread still going, here are a UK sea run brown trout, and another European perch, (unfinished) 16 1/2 inch, this ones my own fish and my first open mouth mold and cast. I should have it finished soon. Sorry about the phone pics.
    john
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

7-point, i see your scupting has improved...you come a long way...keep it up....all you other fishheads great work, keep it up

8. This week I will be working on a good paint finish on my Custom Cast 15" White Crappie...(I have a production mold if anyone is in need of a blank)
    They are always a challenge.. ;)

Attached Files:

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Thanks Crab Crazy! I 've been working at it, trying to make my mounts more professional looking, better quality.

10. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

There are some dang nice projects being worked on on here, make sure you post the finish projects!

11. JE

JE Well-Known Member

UK sea run brown trout eyes, Jeffs eyes with pupils, but I had to alter the shape which only took a minute. There is a green metallic cast on the top of the eyes which the camera has not really picked up. The black speckles were done with an air brush, (Pescado)The sclera will be painted over later when I paint the fish. I find it easier to paint it on the outside !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Nice work folks...

13. topnotch

topnotch Member

Fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Damn Topnotch, your nearly as bad as Randy for fish work ! LOL
    All skin mounts ?
    Here is my Perch finished,
    [​IMG]
    John

15. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Finished UK sea run brown trout eye
    [​IMG]

16. Here is the completed 15" White Crappie custom cast...

Attached Files:

17. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

holy walleyepalooza topnotch!!

18. M.O.S

M.O.S Member

Kstenzel,
    I was going to post what I was working on....but after seeing your post, i don't think anyone really would care!!! ;D

19. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Obviously a Pedestal mount............ ;D

20. wishbone

wishbone New Member

nice butt

been working on this little by little for almost a year....not there yet

[​IMG]