1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

who sells scalpels?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by hounddoggy, Oct 31, 2010.

1. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

Lost my scalpel somehow last week. Dont feel like driving back to mckenzie. None of the hobby shops in my area list scalpels on their web pages. Neither does michaels. Med suppliers possibly in my area but dont even know if they will sell to public. Anybody know .....

2. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Van Dykes:
    http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/search?sSearch=scalpel

Best option in my opinion is to get a handle and disposable blades. I used those when dissecting cadavers in an A+P class and its much easier just to switch out a blade than deal with a dulling blade, especially if you're cutting a lot of hair or skin which dulls the blades quickly.

3. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

Thanks but im hoping to find something local like a big chain type art or hobby store. I can drive to mckenzie but the gas will cost as much as the scalpel. Must have by morning!May try michaels and local hobby shops.

4. Sometime a Quality Home & Fleet (Farmers supply store) has them I have been told. They used to be called Quality Farm and Fleet at one time.

Michael

5. bowkill

bowkill New Member

If you want local go to exacto blades everyone carries them

6. Havel's
    http://www.havels.com

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I get my blades, and sewing needles here too.

8. L-1

L-1 New Member

Ebay

9. thus-sung

thus-sung New Member

I bought my scalpels at the local medical supply store. They had no problem selling them to me but I did have to ask for them. Told 'em it was for an art project.

10. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

Thanks thus-snugs and everyone else. Going back to Mckenzie friday so the capes on working on will have to float around in the pickle til then i guess. Trying to keep up as i know gun season is coming fast! Have a great day!

11. ohio taxidermy supply

12. SURGICAL_BLADES

SURGICAL_BLADES New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We offer TWO GRADES of Brand New Sterile sealed boxes of Superior Carbon Steel Surgical Blades, 100/box, for WAY LESS THAN COMPETITORS !! Our "standard grade" surgical blades, used (and reordered!) by literally HUNDREDS of Taxidermists, are only $8.70/bx. For those of you who want a HEAVIER, stronger blade, we also offer Heavy Duty Supreme Carbon Steel Blades for only $12.99/box. These Heavy Duty Blades are far STRONGER THAN HAVEL'S Blades! Studies prove beyond any doubt that Carbon Steel blades stay sharper longer than stainless steel blades. Available sizes are #10, #11, #12, #15, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 and #25. Shipping is only $4.90 for the 1st box, and only $2.50/bx for each additional box in the USA. I also offer stainless steel #3 handles (for blades #10,#11,#12 and #15) and stainless steel #4 handles (for blades #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 and #25), either handle is only $2 when ordered with blades. These are great blades, and lots of you have already ordered and reordered them. I accept money orders, checks and Paypal. For those of you who have used us previously, we have both a new mailing address and we also have a new Paypal e-mail address, so please contact me before you send your payment.

We have literally hundreds of taxidermists around the USA not only ordering our blades, but RE-ORDERING them again when they need more blades.

Anyone that would like samples of either our heavier style surgical blades , OR our regular surgical blades, just let me know what size you would like a sample of, and then you can judge for yourself
    E-mail me with any questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon! [email protected]

13. coonbuster28

coonbuster28 New Member

Most farm stores around here carry them around here (Orschlends, Tractor Supply, Blue stems ect...) in the vet supply section and most times are in a little kit they call a castration kit. You get a handle and 10 blades for around $8.00.

14. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

Ebay is the best for scalpel handles and blades. Handles r like 3.99+/- and 100 blades of any size r like 9.00+/- a box I get all min from there. Mckenzie's is 22.00 for a box of 100 blades of #22 . Ebay 5.99 + 4.65 S/H