1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I was out priced on a bear!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by tt, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Kevin don't bring his girl into it you jacka$$. Besides his little waste makes it easy for us to reach around!

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMAO!!!

3. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Attached Files:

4. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Redwolf $450 in your area and $385 in mine are probably pretty comparable considering the difference in wages and taxes and what not.

5. orion

orion Marty Silva

Dangit Darrel,

I just shot coffee out my nose all over my keyboard. ;D ;D ;D

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I'm in Mass. Trust me, if taxes and wages had anything to do with it I'd be lower.

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Kevin,.........you have LFS

**Redwolf $450 in your area and $385 in mine are probably pretty comparable considering the difference in wages and taxes and what not.**

Kevin, you have LFS and need to see a doctor about it.

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I live in the Prescott, Arizona area. Look up minimum wage...it is the same as your area. Look in your taxidermy supply catelogs......they look the same here.

Do you care to know how many union jobs there are in my area? NONE And no industry what-so-ever. A good paying job in Prescott, AZ is the same as your area.

Like I said earlier, I don't care what you charge.....but I find it funny how people try to use logic in defending their low prices. LOL

When I quit taking in customer work in the mid 1990's I was at $450 on deer heads, about average in this area. Then recently I decided to take in customer work again and I figured $600 would be fair, only to find the guy in town is at $800, another taxidermists in the Dewey area is way higher LOL Steve Favour is in Flagstaff, AZ, another small town with low wages, and his volume would boggle your little mind....no REALLY. You wouldn't understand because you have LFS (Logic Flaw Syndrome). And Steve charges a very fair price (look at his volume), but you can't comprehend his prices....because you think people won't pay that because...**mine are probably pretty comparable considering the difference in wages and taxes and what not.**

Kevin, you really don't have a clue....you have LFS.

:)

Kerby...

8. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

No Kerby , You don't have a clue . There is only 1 taxidermist in my part of the state that is at $500 . And he's been around forever. A well known taxi on this site lives within a mile or or oh him. Is at $425. Why . He obviously does not think he can get it.
    Why doesn't the guy getting 500 get 800. Why isn't redwolf getting $800. Because we aren't Arizona. Get it through your friggin Head.

WE"RE NOT ARIZONA

9. Kerby Ross

LOL

That's it.....just LOL

[​IMG]

One day you will grow up and see the light....enjoy.

Kerby...

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Because I'm not smart enough to charge $800. ;D
    I'll be going up to $500 next year. If I get customers to pay $500 next year, I'll go up another $50 or even more.

11. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Kerby .So why aren't you getting $800 . You low baller cheap arse . You undercutting your compition ? Why WHY WHY maybe to get the guys that won't pay $800!!!! My GOD you cheap stupid ignorant LOW BALLER YOU . how do you sleep at night .

12. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

You said it not me Your not Smart enough . So why you all over my butt? I guess we're in the same boat I went up $35 last year . I go up every year.

13. Kerby Ross

Actually,.....

Actually, he is not my competition....he is my friend.....therein lies your confusion....you just don't get it.

Your logic is in mis-fire mode.

When you start charging $600, then we will discuss the jump to $800....because I will probably be there by then LOL

**how do you sleep at night **

With oxygen tubes stuck in my nose. ;D

:)

Kerby...

14. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

classless namecalling. and the remark on MP's wife was uncalled for.

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Why? Because I'm not lowballing my competition. If I have a customer come to me and say "The guy up the street is only charging $300" I'll say "take it to him" I wont say "Oh, then I'll do it for $250.

X2.

16. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

hey here is an idea lets all argue over the price of overhead. We can never compaire prices honestly apples to apples on the retail end with out knowing what each others overhead is.

I'll start my over head per deer NOT including direct cost that goes into materials in the mount IE form, bondo eyes, etc.

averages out to about $16 per deer.

17. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Who started the name calling. And if the comments that MP says have class. Then stroke him a little harder next time.

18. mimes

mimes Member

Harley how do you get the figure $16. I figure i have $100 per head with shop rent and utilities alone.

19. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

My utilities are $30 a month and my insurance on the shop runs about 120 a yr. These are the only two items that increased my cost of living since I built my shop that is not directly involved with something that is actually in the mount.

20. Utilities and Insurance, that's your only overhead? What all is included in that utilities payment?