1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I was out priced on a bear!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by tt, Oct 31, 2010.

1. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Area has nothing to do with anything, quality and business ethics have everything to do with it. I know many taxidermists that are in low income rural areas that do a tremendous volume at higher than average pricing. We are our own worse enemy.

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

who says area has anything to do with income of that area. Bunch of well off farmers around here that when they find a nickle they huddle together and burry it. I get more calls asking how to do something than I get price checkers LOL

3. orion

orion Marty Silva

Ok, I aqree Nieman Marcus wasn't the right example. Did you read the disclaimer? ;) If I would have said Tri-State, a store in my area that carries high end outdoor gear, nobody would have known what I was talking about. The point is that I would prefer the customers with the Swarovskis hanging around their neck to the ones with the $29.99 bushnells. So if that is stupid? GUILTY. I hear that enough from my wife.

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

No Little Mikey Boy. I tell arrogant jerks like you . To be a civil human beings. And see that you are not all seeing and all knowing GODS. That maybe their is more then one way to do business. And just because it is not your way. Does not make it wrong.
    [/quote]

Sounds like somebody is just jealous and bitter. That's a pretty big chip on your shoulder.

5. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

STROKE ....... STROKE

6. I think someone is just PO'ed because he's only stroking himself! :)

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

If anything is getting stroked by anyone I think it's you stroking your own ego ;)

8. orion

orion Marty Silva

[​IMG]

Keven, here is a good read for you. Just $4 used on Amazon.

Attached Files:

• win.jpg
      win.jpg
      File size:
      23.2 KB
      Views:
  9. boarhunter67

If you feel he is boasting too much about knowing more than you, there's an easy way to settle it instead of just insulting him and his wife and then claiming that others are too impolite on here. Why don't you post your best piece on here and Michael will post an average piece of his work. Also, we can see how you did business-wise last year compared to him. That should settle it. Oh wait...you think it's not fair because he's more experienced and knows more and his work is way better and he makes a lot more... That's why you should listen. If you don't want to listen to advice, why come on here? I'm just asking...

10. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

That has nothing to do with every bodies attitude on here. I stopped all advertising. To slow down the amount of work I bring in. I'm part time have no intention of being full time. That should settle it. I have more work then I want or need.

11. orion

orion Marty Silva

And you still defend lowballing. Here's your sign.
    [​IMG]

12. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Back at ya buddy . Your just too friggin thick to understand . Just like the rest of them.

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Your the only one that doesn't get it. And WE'RE thick headed?
    Your right, the whole world is wrong and your right :p

14. boarhunter67

I hope you take this the right way and don't get angry or insulting with me, but if you have too much work then the law of supply and demand would suggest that rather than turning work away or discouraging it, you should consider raising your prices such to where you will get less work but make more money. That's good business no matter where you are from or what kind of work you do.

15. orion

orion Marty Silva

There is no getting throught to him so don't waste your breath. If he really has too much work for himself then maybe he needs to get off the damn computer and start churning out those cheap deer heads.

16. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Orion You need to stop talking out your lower mouth too. Let's see . I have 1766 posts since 2006 , Red wolf 16581 since 2008. And mikey Baby 19000 since 2006 .
    I get all the work done I need too . My customers are happy . They all come back .. Yours ???

17. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

18. orion

orion Marty Silva

LOL, I have 257 since 2006 and am on a bit more now that I am home after surgery. I have happy repeat customers too plus mine don't think I am a cheap azz.

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

20. Boy, I can't wait to get my fifth gold star. What do get for making it to level five?