1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what would this one score? UPDATED

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dewittrhino660, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Re: what would this one score?

Lay tape to it now so we know what it scores. It is not hard to do.

2. Re: what would this one score?

its my dads deer he shot last night and i live 9hrs away, im going up in about a week for the opener and im going to pick it up to mount it for him, hes going to skin it and through it in the freezer, i will update this post when i get it to let everyone know what it scores i just wanted an idea being im not that good at scoring them

3. JOtaxi

JOtaxi Member

Re: what would this one score?

123 3/8

4. Re: what would this one score?

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Re: what would this one score?

6. Re: what would this one score?

ok heres the measurments
    Right side left side
    main beam 22 main beam22 4/8
    pt1-4 pt1-3
    pt2-7 3/8 pt2-8 2/8
    pt3-8 4/8 pt3-8 4/8
    pt4-3 4/8 pt4-3 3/8
    circum1-4 1/8 circum1-4 2/8
    circum2-4 circum2-4
    circum 3- 3 5/8 circum3-3 6/8
    tip 2 tip spread 13 5/8
    outside spread 21 4/8
    widest inside spread 19 3/8

not a 100 percent sure if im supposed to add all these up for pope and young or just inside spread so would someone tell me what it scores for sure, after the drying period im taking it to commemritive bucks of michigan to have it scored offically.

7. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

OH ,SO YOUR GONNA MAKE US DO ALL THE MATH ON THIS BILL !

8. bowhunter444

bowhunter444 New Member

NJ
    I come up with 134 1/8 gross but you are missing one circumference from each side

9. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Thanks bowhunter, I took my shoes and socks off and was proceeding to to do the math when you answered !

10. funny bud, i just didnt know what to add so ijust put all the measurment "i thought up there"

11. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

It will score 141 4/8 if you double the smallest circumference that he listed and use it, as he missed one. I guessed 138. I was closest on the low side and JoeyM was closest on the high side. A lot of you guys were WAY off....back to school!LOL

12. JOtaxi

JOtaxi Member

dewitt-I stumbled upon an excel spreadsheet one day with all the necessary measurements and is all formulas. You plug in the numbers and it adds it all up plus deductions and gives you the score at the bottom. Its pretty slick and handy. I tried to post it but you can't post excel piles apparently. If anybody else wants a copy let me know and I can email it to you or if someone knows how to post it let me know and I will post it. I was one that was WAY low!

13. I would say in the 130's due to its overall size, 5X5,and its even.

14. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Just go to Boone and Crockett .com They have their score sheet there. You just plug in the numbers and it does all the math. You can then print off a copy. It is watermarked unofficial across it. I have done it for several customers. They love it when I hand it to them. I usually only do it on the larger bucks though

15. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I had forgot about this thread, LOL!!! I score a couple of hundred deer every year, but NEVER try to guess one. I took the inside spread measurement, and built the other numbers around it based on the mass of the antlers as they appeared in the photo. I wish I had kept my numbers, so I could tell how close I was on each tine and the circumferences.