1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WOLF, COYOTE, or FOX (Got all three! Thanks everyone!)

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Light Rail Coyote, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Don't have to be mountable, but they do have to be tanned. I'm making Native American style headdresses for next year's Burning Man Festival. Ideally looking for something below $120.00.

Would like pelts to have feet, but if they're a good price and look fine without them, I'll certainly consider.

Interested in silver fox, red fox, and cross fox. Also red, black, pale or dark phase yoters. Would also accept any color of wolf.
    If you have any neat ideas for other animals I could also use, I'm totally open to suggestions!

I also have lion claw jewelry for trade, as well as a chamois top skull with 6.5" horns, a vintage full mount summer ptarmigan, and a lovely handmade deer jaw window decoration.

PM or email: [email protected]

Thanks! ;D

2. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

Re: Looking for some WOLF, COYOTE, or FOX

I have western plains coyotes for $75 ppd and an indiana for $65. all are tanned with feet, but not mountable imo due to various damages on the head, ears mostly. for pics go to for sale forum and in the search box at the top type in my name and then scroll down to tanned coyotes. have alaskan coyotes too, but they have no feet. I can deduct $5 a coyote on every one after the first in the same box

3. engc237

engc237 Well-Known Member

have black wolf and cross foxes at the tannery now should be back anyday if you can wait have the other animals to but not tanned thanks

4. yukonjeff

yukonjeff New Member

I have Tanned Alaskan Redfox (tanned by Moyle) $70 plus shipping.

5. Light Rail Coyote

How much would you be asking for that black wolf? May also be interested in the cross fox.

UPDATE:

Here's one of the lion claws that I'd be willing to trade for a pelt or two. It's 2.5" around the outside curve and is strung on an adjustable leather cord. Perfect for any hunter, trapper, or ourdoorsman/woman! Has been wire-wrapped in tarnish-resistant sterling silver and accented with a steel bead. This was made to withstand rough wear.

[​IMG]

6. engc237

hi 250 on the wolf rug cut no feet late season overall pretty nice .have two more but more money. pm for prices. pretty cross foxes almost black 70 each or 125 for both nice asuming no damage at tannery shouldnt be moyles mink doing them always done good job for me. got great deal on some artic fox if you want to go that way beatiful but slirht damage ear tore all have something small but fixable great price 50 dollars all cased no feet solf garment tanned nice ir you can think or anything else i have probaly got it thank you for your intrest and enjoy bob

7. engc237

also have soft garment tanned lynx forgot to mention 125dollars

8. fishertrack

fishertrack New Member

Pm Sent.

9. Light Rail Coyote

PMs and emails replied too. Still looking. If someone could give me a good deal on two fox pelts, I'd certainly consider.

10. bob wendt

light rail, tell us more specific the price range and what you are looking for.

11. Light Rail Coyote

Looking for red, silver, or cross fox within the $120.00 range. Thanks, Bob.

12. bob wendt

ok, thought you wanted coyotes, and I`m full up on them.

13. Light Rail Coyote

If the price is right, I'll certainly consider yotes, too. I need to make quite a few of these headdresses before summer so thought I might as well start now!

14. Re: Looking for some WOLF, COYOTE, or FOX

ive got a real pretty coyote thats tanned i have been using him as a wall hanger but he is mountable...he has all four feet and lips...hes a yellow orange color..i can send u pics if you would like...for some reason it always says my attachment is to large on here...
    thanks
    britny

15. bob wendt

light rail, ck out the tanned coyotes I have. take a bunch and I`ll work with you what I can, but not much wiggle room where I have them priced already, and they are dandys, but no, not moutable unless you do a lot of tlc work. but have 5 left with feet, the alaskans are super furred, but no feet on them.

16. bob wendt

just a thought lightrail, if you are in no hurry and take 10 or more , tubari will tan them for I think $14 each, but won`t do feet. and 10 or more I`d send to tubari in your name at say $35 each plus whatever the cost to ship them to tubari amounts to. get you abunch about as cheap as can be done, and good western semi heavys with zip damage. probably end up $55 ish time you paid tubari, me, and shipping 2 ways. and tubari does a great wallhanger tan.

17. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

got a kit fox for $50

18. thus-sung

thus-sung New Member

Seconding this, I've got several Tubari tanned furs of various species and they are all really, really nice. I think their prices are good too.

19. Light Rail Coyote

Currently working a deal on two nice Alaskan reds and a silver, but if it falls through, I'll certainly consider. Ten will be a lot more than I need, though. If someone wants to place a joint order with me, would that work for you, Bob?

20. bob wendt

sure, you work out the details and I get my $35 and the shipping to tubari and no matter to me how they are divied up after that.