1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need a name plate, any recomendations? also how do i adjust my priceing?

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by duff83, Nov 6, 2010.

1. duff83

duff83 what i have in my heart, ill take to my grave

so something so simple, yet so silly, iv never had to deal w/ until today. a client wants to get some work done for his dad for his birthday. he wants his dads name, and october 2006 on the wood work in a name plate. i need a recommendation for a company to use for the name plate, and any info on how to charge for the name plate to the client, since i never did anything w. them yet. whats a fair mark up for them? go by %? or what?

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

i use the guy who sells them on ebay. i think his username is agave.he sells them in the taxidermy section under taxidermy supllies. hes top totch. the plates are 1.49 each and i carge 10.00. some people i charge 5.00. he has all kind of prints and colors. good luck.

3. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Antlers2fin
    He will customize and laser anything you want. Great to work with and does a nice job. I use mostly wood ovals engraved and attach with Aleenes tack it over and over glue. It is applied and left to dry. then attach to the panel. It is similar to the adhesive on cards that come in the mail and rub off. If you happen to put it on crooked, it can be moved, yet it is still strong enough to hold. And if a name or date is somehow incorrect, you can pry it off and replace easily.

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

VanDykes sells name plates in a variety of styles and sizes. I've gotten a few and they're good.

5. boarhunter67

I looked up the guy's site on ebay. His id is tajave. I asked him about larger plaques (11x4) because I need some and the prices I've been quoted have been <$30. He quoted $16 each and had a variety of styles, colors, and fonts so I ordered 3.

6. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

I just get mine from van dykes

7. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

VanDykes plates were $3 til McKenzie bought them out. Now they are $5.95. I would like the contact ionfo on the guy who does them for $1.95. I have a couple of hundred made annually.

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I'm, sure....

I'm sure there is a local engraving/jeweler in your town, would be cheaper and saves time.

:)

Kerby...

9. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Kirby , I checked going that way , but they were crazy , set up charge , etc. I need to check on who Brian is talking about .

10. duff83

well i got screwed over from an online site... they refunded but said they never had my order logged... i ordered 3 weeks ago... found this all out the 30th. now im left to find a local place by tomorrow because the piece is for a client whos getting it done for his father for his birthday... on the 7th... sigh.

11. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

x2 Kirby..I use a local guy for cheap...Got them from VanDykes before and they sucked..You couldnt read them...

12. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Well,..........

Well, I'm just saying. Almost every community has a few trophy shops, jewelers, engravers that will do it cheaper than anywhere.

Just have to look for it.

Kerby...

13. duff83

i have two local spots to go to... ones in the mall and is 12 friggin bucks... the other is at a bowling ally that i fear they may not do in house. we'll see. i think next time im using mr. ebay.

14. rexver

rexver New Member

if you need a guy in Texas SAM EDWARDS is the best around he can do anything and when i mean anything i mean it . He does all my custom turkey calls for me and name plates, very good and will ship any where. You tell him what you want and he can engrave it. 903-243-3029 tell him Rex set ya.

15. Hey Duff,
    I have a person in Metamora that charges $2 per plate. Good engraving and will work with your timeframe. You can have her mail the finished product and get them the next day.
    Let me know if you need her contact information. I will send it to you. Or call me to get the info.
    Doug

16. duff83

thanks doug, wish i would have saw this before i left. found a local place to take care of it for me... 11 bucks :/ but they where real nice and professional mom and pop type place.

17. jcrosstaxidermy

jcrosstaxidermy New Member

I use Graphic-concepts in Kentucky. go online type in what u want give them a c.c.# which they will keep on file for future orders and have your plates in 2 to 3 days. i think 3 buck apiece

18. boarhunter67

I did end up getting some from the guy on ebay (ajave I think). The quality was great.