1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 51-52 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 51-52 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!!
    As we come to the close of the 4th year of The Week in Fish Pictures I wish only to say thank you to one and all for the years of contributions and support for the betterment of the art of Fish Taxidermy!!! I hope that the next years to come reflects each and every posting the spirit of good fish work and the comradery we all share as fishhead around the world! Here with in this string as a familiar standard of non judgment just friendship and support for the efforts we make be it great or a beginners first fish we share in celebrations of the passion of the artist within!

Over the past 4 years we have all enjoyed some of the most incredible displays of inspirational fish works of art! So many incredible fish are shared across the cyber world and in to the homes of fellow taxidermist and clients alike! I enjoy seeing the progression and the raw talent of the dedicated contributors! Friendliness and positive comments of motivation is a great place to start in upward direction of inspiration! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming months and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of the Week In Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

This week I would like to share the work of a great Guild or the Great State of Oregon and a passionate up and coming Taxidermist Mr. Brian Huey! Brian and his wonderful Wife Michelle came and spent a little time with the gang here in NH for a little fish work and some fun too! Brian Huey as I mentioned is a Champion Caller of just about all game including predators and hoofed animals alike! Brian worked on traditional Skin fish learning how to skin and template fish as well as custom carve and mount some real beauty! A great start as we all start somewhere, as this is where we all find the path to our passion!! Please enjoy the work of Brian Huey of Paisley Oregon !
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in 2 weeks!

So with out further ado let's get week # 51-52 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 51-52 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

I wanted to share a few of Brian's workshop with you as you have always seen as a new beginning of the new posting of TWIFP!

Here are a few Pictures of Brian's first steps as a Fishead in the making!

Doing a bit of custom carving for this beautiful Bow he worked on.

[​IMG]

Brian putting it all together.

[​IMG]

Here is a Brown He worked on as well!

[​IMG]

The Bow just mounted! Sweeeeet!

[​IMG]

Oh you know we took time to eat as we always do here! Here is Brian and his Beautiful Wife Michelle Enjoying a evening with Local fare!

[​IMG]

I hope this got your apatite wet I know when I look at our local sea bugs I get hungry for sure! All Work and not eats well… Just have a great week!

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

By the looks of things...I'd better be heading to New Hampshire for a course with Rick.

3. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Lobsta looks yummy. Busy w/ deer but here's mine, a customer walleye!

Attached Files:

4. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Love the BIG spots and RED stripe on that Rainbow...can't wait to see it finished

Nice Walleye Jonathan!

18"X 10.25"- 2.5 lb. LT (FRBT-8)

Attached Files:

5. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Thanks Rich right back at ya on your bow great job as usual on the tipping, a class act as always!!Great carving Brian, thinking about heading to Rick's also to perfect some body carving skills myself. Both fish look very accurate.

6. A couple customer pedestal mounts just finished up. The first is a 18" Brook Trout from a Rich Benedict blank.

Attached Files:

7. And a little Largemouth from my own mold.

Attached Files:

8. AnglingArtisan

Very nice Kevin...makes me proud ;D

9. UFD

UFD New Member

Sweet fish guys, lookin' good everyone! :)

Here is a 24.5" Arctic Char replica that I recently finished using a Lake Country unassembled blank...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. RokSAN

RokSAN New Member

very nice Rainbow! Bravo!
    But I can't find out how can you get so original color on fish? i just can't get it! I try and try but nothing like real colore. I know that I must tax a lot of more fish but it still bothering be.
    But guys you all make realy nice fishes! Bravo!

11. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Rich-UFD !!!!!!!!! :eek: Thanks Ollie

12. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great work

13. of

of New Member

Nice trout AA, UFD- that is sweeeeet!!!!

14. bnoody

bnoody Member

Brian, nice job on those trout with Rick. Those are going to be beautiful when finished.

Everyone has put up some great fish already

Dave I love the Char, lets see some detail shots of that fish!

15. AnglingArtisan

Uncle FREAKin' Dave!
    That is mind blowing work right there...so inspirational!
    Must have been a blast to paint ;)
    Props to Lake Country too...awesome looking blank

Thanks also guys for the compliments on the Rainbow 8)

16. WNWA

WNWA New Member

looks like everyone started this week off with some great looking fish, keep up with
    great work everyone and thanks for sharing.....

17. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    You're a good man with a good heart, Rick Krane. Nice fish work guys.

Here's a Bev blank........
    [​IMG]
    Listed as 18 1/2" @ 5lbs.

I used Still Life Lens
    [​IMG]

I painted this Black Crappie like some of these yellow phase crappies we sometimes get in northern Minnesota.

18. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Fintastic skin mounts Brian!!! Those are beautys, please post them finished.
    Sick work everyone!! :eek: WOW.... what a start to the TWIFP.
    Jason

19. WNWA

WNWA New Member

timjo, very nice looking yellow phase, thanks for sharing....