1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 51-52 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jbaker

jbaker New Member

Wow! Some great fish here as usual! Timjo that crappie is awesome!
    Here is a skin mount perch just completed.

[​IMG]

2. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Very inspirational fish this wk, as always!! Another out the door from me. Skin mt ,carved bod and still like lenses

Attached Files:

3. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    close up of hd(sorry blurry)

Attached Files:

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

jason s, awesome white bass man!

5. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great work, nice yellow perch,Ken nice bass

6. This was a pretty good sized brookie - customer mount. Carved foam body, artificial head, skin mount..

Attached Files:

7. UFD

UFD New Member

Thanks for the nice words about the Char, Ollie, Oliver, Rich, and Brian! Rich, that blank does go together nicely with a little bit of effort (it's the TDV24.5-2) and it is always nice to paint something different. And Brian, thanks for the encouragement to post some detail shots of the Char, but I ain't doin' that detail stuff anymore because nobody wants to pay for it. (That last comment was sarcasm "directed to no one and no entity in particular" just in case anyone or everyone missed it, LOL.) :eek: ;D

Oooooo, lots more nice fish posted. Ollie, you and those Atlantics are a good combination. ;)

Here is a skin mount 26" triploid Rainbow Trout - everytime I see one of these things I think of Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies, LOL.

Attached Files:

8. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Thanks for the kind words Brian. I love checking out everyone's wonderful work.
    Dave, that is one big beautiful bow!
    Jason

9. WOW :eek:
    awsome fish guys!
    DAVE that rainbow is unbelievable!!!!!
    you do some awsome work i think you should definatly make a video or do a tutorial for us to see how you paint your rainbows and steelies! :)

10. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautful rainbow Dave! Sure is a fat one.

11. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

UFD great work as always.Ken looking forward to seeing more fish.

12. hambone

hambone Member

WOW too many great looking fish to name all individually, but I must say the habitat work by Timjo and UFD is outstanding and really adds a lot to even a great mount, good work everyone.

13. UFD

UFD New Member

Thanks for all the nice words about the fat Trout, guys! :)

Here is a pedestal 14.5" Yellow Perch replica I finished today that started as an unassembled Lake Country blank. There is also a plexiglas cube that goes over the piece (you can see the groove for it in the walnut base)...

Attached Files:

14. JE

JE Well-Known Member

UFD,
    stunning as usual, I could spend hours looking at the gallery's on your web site, talk about inspirational ! certainly gets me motivated at any rate and gives me something to aim for .

15. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Many great fish here!!!! UFD:Love the " fat mama trout" and the Yellow Perch. Thanks for the kind words JE- UFD. Here is a brown trout 18 lbs. (no Atlantic this time) :eek: :eek: Thanks . Ollie

Attached Files:

16. JE

JE Well-Known Member

This has got to be one of the best fish of the weeks ever . :eek:

17. wishbone

wishbone New Member

[​IMG]

18. Beautiful perch Dave... :D :D :D

19. Nice fish!
    Nice perch Dave and as for the rainbow all I can say it "GET IN MA BELLEH!" ;D

Here are a few from me this week.
    Both custom replicas.
    A 20" Channel catfish and a 17" Brown bullhead.
    I love working on catfish, so much fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Manny

Manny New Member

Nice!!!! JKnuth

Love the Bull head, I have had one in my outside koi pond for about 3 years now... Hasen't grown an inch :'(

One day hes getting it.

Awesome fish everyone !