1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

EB fleshing blade

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by derhntr, Nov 8, 2010.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

Many months ago I posted that I was trying to get in touch w/ Stuart Manufacturing about getting a new blade. Someone came on here and said that they sell for Stuart and I could get a blade though them, but I lost the contact info and don't remember who it was. Does anybody know who I need to contact??

2. Unless you are dead set on a blade from eager beaver, just call Jonas or Matuska. You can still get a good one from McKenzie if you tell them you want the one they've been selling before they bought Van Dykes :)

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I take it they have different blades now that they bought Van Dykes?

4. Yes, they have the Van Dykes blades now, but they do still carry ours too, that's what they've been selling the last several years. It's what we use here in the tannery, and obviously I feel it's better material, but it also more expensive. It's been a long time since I've used anybody elses blades, but when we did try some of eager beavers blades they didn't seem any better then what van dyke had. We grind a lot of blades from different makers, there is a big difference in the steel from one maker to another, some people prefer the soft material because it's easier to manipulate, and since they use it for fleshing instead of shaving the inconsistency in the lower grade steel doesn't bother them, so the cheap blades fit the bill just fine, it all depends on what you're looking for.

5. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

If you are still interested in buying an Eager Beaver blade - Please contact me at RTCS (Rittels Tannery Consulting Services). We are a Sales Rep for Stuarts Manufacturing.

Either call me at (774) 226-0684 or reply to this post.

Bruce Rittel