1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I think someones trying to scam me

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mmt, Nov 10, 2010.

1. mmt

mmt Member

Here is our correspondence

I have some Taxidermy works i want to do at your place, but will also like to know if you have

some for sale, do you accept credit cards ??

Awaiting your soonest reply

Best Regards

I do accept visa and master card.
    Thanks

Thanks for your response
    i browse your website and i can not find the price for the mounts you have for sale or even the prices you do your taxidermy works so get back to me with price list

Best Regards

Here is a price list, mounts that are for sale are priced on an idividual basis and inventory varies. If there is something inparticular you are looking for let me know and I will see if I have, or can custom mount one for you.

Greetings,
    Thanks for your response i want to know if you have this Shoulder mounts for sale ELK .$950,MOOSE.$1495 and this RUG ELK..$550 if yes get back to me with the total cost for this items

Regards

I am not generally in the buisness of selling mounts. We custom mount each animal for the client. This price list relfects what I charge to mount the animal someone brings to me, not mounts that are for sale.

Greetings,
    Sorry for the late in response am only asking if you have any mounts for sale but i also want you to do a Shoulder Mounts for me and the animal is not listed here it is called Arapawa Ram we hunted for them at Australia you can google it and see the Ram then give me the price you will do two shoulder mounts for me i want to use them for December decoration

Best Regards
    (At this point his name changed)

An arapawa ram would fall under "exotic rams" on my price list at $595.(In this email I addressed him by both names used)

Greetings,
    Thanks for the response so for two Mounts the total will be $595 let me know how soon you can do the work i have a shipping agency that will deliver it to your workshop so get back to me with the address to deliver it to you and pick it up when you are done and also am willing to pay the full amount upfront in order to get the work done faster and also i will be making the payment with credit card
    (Now no name at end of note)

The price would be $595 each. Right now my turnaround time is about 10 months. You mentioned wanting them for December "decorations", I wouldnt even be able to get them tanned before December

Greetings,
    Thanks for the response so can i get them ready for next year February let me know

Best Regards

After the second email I figured something was up and Im just seeing where this is going. What do you think.

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

The first one would of gone straight to the trash.
    Sounds fishy to me.

3. mmt

mmt Member

I thought about it but thought it might be fun to see where this will go.

4. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I predict that he will soon be asking for you to send money, if you keep stringing him along, that is.

5. Hes gonna send you a cashiers check and you have to cash it and send money to pay the shipper. The check will be fake.
    I would string him along,
    dead beats

6. I didn't think we have arapawa rams here in Australia. ;)

7. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I just got the exact same email!!
    Dang it! I thought he hand selected me over all the other taxidermists out there :D
    If he actually purchases something, it will be credit card ONLY!
    What's wrong with people going out into the world and trying to make an honest living?

8. mmt

mmt Member

This is still going

Im sorry, Im confused. What is next year February?

I mean will they be ready by February 2011 next year

Right now my turnaround is about 8-10 months. When I receive your rams and a deposit they will go on the list to be done. With the backlog I have, if I received your rams today, we are looking at around june for a completion date.

Greetings,
    No problem now that we have an exact period you will finish the work we can proceed what is the cost for the deposit and also i will like you to send email the shipping agent that will deliver the Rams to you at [email protected] send the the exact address to deliver the ram to you and tell inform them it is on behalf of Mr Kevin Terry
    get back to me so that i can send you the credit card number and expiry date to charge the the deposit for the work

Best Regards
    (now his name is back to original name)

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I have been out of town on business. I am not familiar with [email protected] What kind of carrier is this? I only ask because the town I live in is out in the middle of nowhere, and very few shipping companies come here.

Greetings,
    The carrier is a private shipping agency they are very new and effective in delivery i have used their service in the past and i really enjoyed it, just send them your address and sure they will be able to locate you and deliver them to you

Regards

I forwarded them my address, when can I expect the shipment, could you get me a tracking number so I can know when to expect delivery and be available. I am assuming these capes are frozen and will be shipped overnight?(I did not forward address)

9. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

This is bull $hit. I had 3 rams to do for Kevin Terry. The capes he had were turned and salted. I always wanted to mount a Arapawa ram. Sorry Shawn, your no better or worse that any other sucker on here. What Superdave said.

10. mmt

mmt Member

But were they Austrailian arapawa rams??

11. mmt....let this one go! It's a bunch of crap like the others are saying. I've had a number of these, and when I tracked the ip addy it was from Nigeria. It's the old fake chech, pay my unheard of shipping co. BS!

STAY AWAY!!!

12. mmt

mmt Member

I realize its a scam, Im just amusing myself stringing him along. IP is from Nigeria.

13. mmt

mmt Member

How bout some more, he is finally wanting me to pay his shipper.

Greetings,
    Thanks for the response the capes are Frozen and will be shipped overnight so get back to me

Regards
    Kevin

Like I said I forwarded my address to that email. The deposit will be 50% of the total amount for work done. Give me a call with your credit card number for the deposit, you have my number. If deliveryman didnt get my address go ahead and give it to him.

Greetings,
    Thanks for the response the shipping agent has forward me the email they send to you regarding the payment of the delivery so you will have to charge the shipping fee as well on my credit card and send the money to the shipping agent and they will dleiver the hides to you so get back to me so that i can send in my credit card details

Regards

I have not received an email from delivery man. This confuses me, if delivery man wont take your credit card, why will he take my credit card? As far as the deposit, I dont think sharing credit card info over email is the safest way to complete this transaction. Like I said last night, just give me a call with your info. Im open 8-8.

14. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Thats funny, He told me he's from England and doesn't care how long it takes, just wants a good job.

15. mmt

mmt Member

According to the information page on the initial email he is supposedly from alabama

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I've talked to a few true Alabamins and none of them start off a conversation with "Greetings" and end the conversation with "Regards".
    As a matter of fact I think it's starts off with "WHAT!!" and ends with F.U" :D :D

17. mmt

mmt Member

LOL. I stayed with a friend in AL for 2 weeks hunting. They may say "Greetings/Regards" because I couldnt even under stand half of them. ;)

18. This is called a lottery scam. He was mark james with me from England. He sent me a fake cashiers check for $3700. The bank caught it before it was deposited. There are various adaptations of the same scam. He wanted me to wash the check and send to shipper the money via Western Union. After finding out his scam didn't work, emails stopped immediately.

19. cwt

cwt Active Member

delete them. It sounds really fishy to me

20. DocRich07

DocRich07 Have guns,we will travel reads the card of a man

TN
    Yes, this is a scam. Good that you are stringing him along. Never send credit card info in a e-mail. In the cyber world, there is no such thing as a secured e-mail unless you are on a closed network. Even using https you better know who is on the other end.