1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Michigan Record. #1 pick-up

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Justin P., Nov 13, 2010.

1. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    246 2/8"

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

What is the story on this one Justin? I like your eyes,,, I mean the mounts eyes,,, not yours,,, welll er,,, your not my type,,,

3. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Found dead in Lenawee county last February. This is the first replica mounted. Dale Livingood did the replica. Check out his work at autumnlegends.com. He does AWESOME work. This is one of copies. The real rack is sold to a private collector who also owns the mold. As far as I know the racks at this time are not available to the public. This one was mounted for the folks involved in finding it.

I thought you were trying to get me on a date for a second there ;-)

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I remember the story now, thanks. I beleive the finder was a lady out walking her dogs and called a hunting friend to remove it.

5. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Yep, that's the one.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I got one here that looks kind of like that, but just on one side. Less a few tines, lol.

7. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Wow i lived in Mich my hole life; never seen any deer that comes close to that.I hunt southern Grand Traverse C.O.were Rompala said he shot his deer???????????????

8. Nice work Justin. That is a huge buck.

9. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Very nice. I love that rack. Great work.

10. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nic mount. What a monster buck!

11. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

:eek: sounds like T`s coming out ;D ;D ;D

12. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

OUTSTANDING JOB JUSTIN !! What size form is that on? Is that a Revolution form? Beautiful eye work!!! Funny , I just read the article about that deer on the CBM website today
    Rick

13. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Wow! what a great buck,Awesome Work.

14. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

T, you know I want to say "Go Big Money" so bad............................

15. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

See Rick, if you would have just held out instead of taking that little thing you might of had something like this walk out LMAO :D

16. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Thanks for the compliments!
    That's a Revolution Intimidator form.

17. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice work Justin. That thing is a brute!

18. RF

RF Member

Hope you don't get tired of hearing this? Very nice work, I thought it was a live pic when I looked at the first picture. :)

19. trophy time

trophy time " Preserving a lifetime of memories since 1990 "

I worked with Dale on these reproductions, but they always look better on a shoulder mount. If anyone has anybody interested in museum quality reproductions you can give Dale or i a call. Nice mount Justin!

20. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Oh what a nice Buck. I have family who long ago lived in that county and can only wonder if there were any bucks back then (1800's) as such. Thanks for showing him around and the story as well. His photo is saved on my documents and forever etched into my memories now.