1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how'd opening day go for you in MO?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bobbi Meyer, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I didn't get a single deer to mount....have two from youth season, but no regular gun season ones :-\

2. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

They are still show'n them off pry, some are still at hunt'n camp hang'n their deer for 5 day's so you can try to save their cape for them lol. Good luck Bobby, I'm sure you will get some job's soon!

3. zubba

zubba Active Member

Yep, Mondays and Tuesdays tend to be the busiest for me. Hang in there Bobbie.

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I can't speak for other hunters, but I know we won't take a deer to our taxidermist until season is over, just in case we shoot something bigger. So don't worry, your business should pick up.

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

they better not be going to kantor

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

If everyone is getting them as big as Russ did, I can see why your phone isn't ringing off the hook. LOL ( if you read this Russ I'm just messing with ya)

7. JLong

JLong Member

Pretty slow here to, got 12 in including bowkills. Seems like the second weekend and after season is busier for me. From what I hear its been slow everywhere.

8. Bobbi Meyer

I figured with the economy and 3 other taxidermists witin 6 miles of me, and my prices, it would be slow...oh well...mostly fun money for me anyway since I have a full time job...most of it is used for christmas.
    At least I have some time on my hands now to brew more beer!!! LOL

9. TLN

TLN Member

utah
    sorry to interupt or change the subject, but i have a client that wants to take me to mo. huntin' whitetail,with gander outfitters.Do you folks from mo. know any thing about this outfit. Being from Utah I have never hunted whitetail,let alone a guided hunt always D.I.Y. on public ground. Just curious, thanx . {18hr. drive, ouch}

10. Bobbi Meyer

http://www.ganderoutfitter.com/

11. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

i got 14 in here in VA and that was from archery and muzzleloader shotguns in now with the dog hunters just started Saturday

12. j.sonnenfelt

j.sonnenfelt New Member

I just got back from way up north near Bethany MO. Out of 6 of us only 2 bucks were killed and niether will ever go near the wall. My wife and I were talking on our way home, and we were not seeing near the deer on trucks on the highway. In years past every mini mart and alot of the trucks on the road have big antlers in the back. We didn't see hardlly any. I have several friends who also hunt up within 100 miles of there and no one is having any luck compared to years past. There was still several acres of corn still in, hopefully when it comes out the bucks start dropin and your phone starts ringin.

13. I am having a great year so far I think 25 from gun season alone so far.Others I know have gotten around the same number.
    With bow and youth season I only need about 30 more to fill up for the year.
    Central Missouri,