1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New #2 Bear in the World...Who wants to mount it?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by scotprice, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

well from what I hear this bear was a tame somewhat pet bear that was shot.That is the rumor I hear.That's no record book if he was a captive bear

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Almost like the rich guys who go to game farms and shoot a 200" whitetail under a corn feeder inside a 10' fence.. And they call themselves hunters.. This bear story is on 5 or 6 differnt websites.. same dudes.. same sage... lured in with a soda and a twinkie.. What is it with weight anyway.. Who freaking cars if the bear weighed 100 lbs or 5K, you measure a bear by the size of its Skull, after the drying period of course.. Bears in AK get skinned, and quartered on site and packed out on your back.. their is no way of getting a weight of a bear unless you packed in a scale and found a strong enough tree to hoist in in.. This whole weight things really Peeeevs me off..

3. scotprice

scotprice New Member

exactly right...it was on TV and in the paper...everything is legit and legal.....keep checking the game commission website im sure something will be on there shortly

4. horsefeathers

horsefeathers Member

"The Star" and "Inquirer" are papers. Can we expect to see your story there too? Looks like an awful lot of people have caught you at your lie. You probably came slinking here cause you thought you might get pity. Guess again. Just cause it's on the paper, or on the news doesn't make it right. Your hastily cobbled together story has changed... oh.. a half dozen times.

Hope you enjoy the meat from that tame bear... provided you actually eat it. You just gave hunting a black eye - this is exactly the kind of crap PETA loves to hear.

5. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

6. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

he said it is at a taxidermist now, i`m just curious where it went, i hope it went to a taxidermist who does quality work........Who is doing the work? if anyone knows please post it..... and be serious

7. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

The PA Game Commission said the hunter did nothing wrong and the kill was legal.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101119/NEWS/101119760/0/NEWS01

8. PA Truthsayer

PA Truthsayer New Member

OK so even if Leroy was in the wrong - these MURDERS were calling the bear by its name!!! Please - like a previous poster said - this give true hunters a black eye....no reputable hunter would do this, plus the game commissioner - is their old hunting buddy. NICE!

9. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

Real quick - tell me who mounted Milo Hansen's world record whitetail?

Excellent point. I had no idea who had mounted that deer. Nor do I know who mounted all the rest of the World Record animals. Heck, couldn't even tell you what the world record animals even are! (Ok, so I knew the Hansen's deer and a couple others...but that's it.)

10. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

I was talking to him about me doing the job with help from the guy who trained me. I ended up being told that unless I could compete with $3K I wasn't getting the job. He said someone in MD offered to do it for $3K. I told him sorry but I couldn't do that. I came up with a price based on the amount time it would take to finish this the right way and the materials involved, and I wasn't close to $3K.

11. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

your kidding me, 3K is crazy, definetily not enough for that job, i priced it out for the hell of it and i wasn`t close to that number either.

12. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

The largest black bear form I found in any of my supply catalogs was 33.5" too short, so there is gong to be some major alterations needed. I did see on another forum though that he talked to a taxidermist that said it would need to go on a grizzly form... anatomy??? lol

13. scotprice

scotprice New Member

funny as hell how people make this sh!t up lol....my uncle and cousin were makin drives to eachother...dumbass

14. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

That is sad. Get a record bear and then cutting corners so that you don't have to pay $7,000 to $10,000 to have it mounted. I imgaine what its going to look like when it is finished. Honestly if I had a record animal, I'd be bring in to the best taxidermy within my state or surrounding state. I would rather pay a fortune.

And wow, so they really think people won't notice. Black and Grizzlies might be the same species, but they sure don't have the same anatomy. Would need a lot of alternation done.

15. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Black and Grizzly aren't the same species. Black bears are Ursus americanus ssp. and Grizzlies are Ursus arctos horribilis. They're only related at the genus level.

16. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

How does a wild bear get a name? Some fool feeds the bear, which would be illegal in my state, & decides it is his & gives it a name. Get real.

17. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

$3000 is wayyyy too much. I think you should be able to get it done much cheaper.

18. scotprice

scotprice New Member

http://www.whp580.com/mediaplayer/?station=WHP-AM&action=ondemand&item=20668955&feed_name=bobdurgin.xml

19. Re: NEW #2 BEAR IN THE WORLD...WHO WANTS TO MOUNT IT

Would this bear even qualify for the record books being killed with a crossbow and shot by more than one hunter ? I wont even get into the " fair chase " aspect .
    Regardless of how the bear was killed it is an awesome animal and I hope it falls into the hands of a very skilled taxidermist who will do it justice . I hope it is sent to a reputable tannery where it is handled properly . I hope it doesn't end up in someones home tan and look like a 500lb dachshund bear when it is done .

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I got $20 that says it unfortunately will :(