1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

aggressive look

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Shane S., Nov 16, 2010.

1. Shane S.

Shane S. Member

I have mounted two deer with the aggressive look. I stood some of the hair up. I have seen some aggressive mounts with the ears laid way back and the hair slicked down. Every time I see deer do that, the hair is stood up. I am pleased with my first two. I just back brushed it while it was still wet. They turned out pretty good. I read in the old-school breakthrough manual to wash it after mounting it and then blow dry it to fluff it. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or if anyone has any suggestions on how to best achieve the aggressive pose?

2. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Just marking

3. Shane S.

Shane S. Member

no one has anything they would like to share on this?

4. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Thats because those are MOUNTS, not live deer. I havent done an aggressive pose per se, but the ears are generally laid back (anatomically). But I do back brush most of my deer anyways. I dont wash after mounted, I just back brush while the mount is drying. Each deer is a little different, kinda like peoples hair, there can be degrees of coarseness, softness, length, thickness etc. Each can give a different result if blow drying and or back brushing. If I blow dry my hair, it gets pretty frizzy lol. So I opt for air drying both on my head and on a deer. I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but I thought I would chime in and give my 2 cents worth.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Well, I refuse to answer as I've typed out this one at least 4 other times previously. It's IN THE ARCHIVES. SOMEPLACE. The search engine on this "new" site is a POS compared with what we had on the old forums. But look around, I know it's in here someplace - numerous times.

6. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Try this http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,127021.0.html

This the one you talking about George

7. Shane S.

Shane S. Member

I searched and searched for something on this and could not find much. Thanks for the input. Sounds like we do the same thing. I was just wondering if anyone tried what it briefly talked about in the breackthrough. I didn't think it sounded the the greatest idea anyway.