1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

George Roof was WRONG

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Mar 11, 2007.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

After much bantering and finger pointing to the inaccuracy of my NTA membership, Kim Owens went through all the back membership logs and could not find my name mentioned before 1988. I asked Greg Crain to go through his books and he too could only find 1988. So regardless of what I may think or may have thought, the only records available say I was not a member before 1988. Now anyone of you who has lost sleep over this issue and presumes that I may have lied about the correct date will be pleased to know that you are correct and I did. From this date forward, I shall insure to note that my NTA membership record shows I began my membership in 1988. I'm sorry for the insomnia that must have cause someone.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Nice,.......

It was good that you set it straight.

Thumbs up to ya.

:)

Kerby...

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

It's ok George. Hey, are you going to the nationals in Kentucky?

4. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

George I dont belive you. Im sure you were a member before that. HA!

5. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Just jokeing George, Jim Beam made me say that.

6. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

If that really happened? I bet they're passing out coats in hell as I type this! LMAO!

7. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Your a big man George. A big big man.

8. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

"Faint"... George I didnt think you could ever be wrong.. Dang now my whole image of you is just blown.. Not to mention I am going to hang this on my wall.. PROOF that a MAN CAN ADMIT he was wrong :) Hee Hee.

9. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

G.O

You can be wrong at your age its that thing called AL.... ??? dam whats it called again ;)

10. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

George, I don't think it was bantering nor was there any finger-pointing. It was strictly an observation. In fact, I made 1 post on the subject. Please understand something, you are always the first to jump on here and correct anyone with misinformation or 1/2 truths. By doing so, you leave yourself open to the scrutiny that you so graciously give others. I am proud that you corrected your mistake.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Hey George, now that those excess years have been erased from your membership, maybe now you will find out you are not actuall as old as you thought you were ;D. Never know old buddy, you might actually be 50 and holding ;)

12. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Thanks for clearing this up George, now I can sleep at night!! LMAO.. So you joined the NTA just when I was starting out in Taxidermy, and you still had 30 years on me at that point!!! funny...

13. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

That was the most important issue in taxidermy. Glad to see it cleared up.

14. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Good heavens ... :eek: ... that means that I have been an NTA member longer than George!

I feel old now.

15. PA

PA Well-Known Member

It does put gray hair on us doesn't it. I can't remember when I joined the first time, but it was around 1987-1988?, but I did attend (as a member) my first Board meeting in Pittsburgh in February of 1989 and met a fine group of people who were on the board then. That was...uh...18 years ago.

16. Ed Chambers

Ed Chambers New Member

George, my question is this ; Why didn't you just use the Orange Search Button to find out your answer? Ed.

17. Jason Fessenden

Jason Fessenden My Little Princess

Damn!!! we need to have that orange button put on here.. I am sure good old George misses saying that ;D

18. PWS

PWS Active Member

And you would know, Tony... hehehe

no, don't, I'm sorry, get away... AAaahhhh!