1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best idea ever?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Christie, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Christie

Christie Instructor, Consultant & Speaker

So this time of year normally prompts a lot of negative posts - price checkers, no deposits, bad capes, etc. I'd like to change things up and pose this question: What's the best idea you've ever had? What did you do that suprised the heck out of you when it worked?

2. Lou

Lou Modern day Mona Lisa :-)

PA
    Great idea Christie!

This one time at band camp, I stuck a.....nevermind on that one!!! ;D

I tried pressure washing a coyote hide and OMG!!!! I couldn't believe how well that technique works!!

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I got my wife a lamp kit and some Nilgia feet to see if she would like to do a taxidermy project. She has nerve damage in her right arm and can't work so I've been trying to find her something she could be proud of to keep her spirits up. I'm happy to say she loved it. Now she wants to do a bunch and open an on-line store to sell them and other novelties.
    I was pleasantly surprised and I have to say proud.

4. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

My best ideas; raise prices, get deposits, and make sure the capes are good.

5. elkahhhhh

elkahhhhh New Member

not getting engaged :D

6. Bob,

Send me out your Address in a pm and I'll ship you that box of goodies for your wife no charge I'll take care of my boy on this .

Steve

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Steve, my wifes jaw just hit her chest. She said "That is so nice of him".
    I'll return the favor. No questions asked. ;)

8. Cut back my workload so I can spend more time with family and friends before I get old and crippled.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Damn, that's a good idea! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that!

10. Divorcing my kids mom! Had I known about the misfire on the Rem 700 aw never mind.

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

I'm with you Andy, the days are getting longer and longer. The time with my kids is getting less and less. Time is flying buy. I am taking the day off Saturday and taking my little girl out to the blind for her first deer hunt. My dad always said life was short, what did he know!(LOL)

12. bowkill

bowkill New Member

Johnc I have an opion on that near yours. Divorce is messed up I lost my truck house place to sleep I payed all the fees for mine her lawer I did nothing wrong besides leaving her worthless @ss and couldnt afford a place to live or food and I still lost it all. Had I used a 22 shell out of the cushion of my truck they would have given me a house 3 square meals a laywer and I would have had a chance of getting off on insanity. Its a screwed up world.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

My best productive time is when the computer is turned off.

14. Firing my Business and Financial adviser ;D

15. Phillip

Phillip New Member

Making the decision for my wife and I to go to the 2001 World's.

Price of air travel = $3000.00

Price of accomodation = $700.00

The freinds I made = Priceless.

16. tex4k

tex4k New Member

Best idea I ever had was to get one of the toilet seat thingy's that fit into a reciever hitch. I was very pleased with how well it works.

17. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Was that you at WalMart Tuesday?

18. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Having my teenage son cut the antlers off with the Sawsall while I hold 'em. He cuts way straighter than my husband! ( my husband is a great carpenter, I was very surprised at this revelation)

19. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Catgear
    Have your husband build you a jig to put your skulls in. Then you can cut the antlers off all by yourself, incase your son is not around.

20. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Heath, I will bring that up to him, and he just might do it. ( My son will be away at college next year.)
    Thanks for the idea. Is that how you do it?
    Cathy