1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the week #11 (12.3-18.3)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hí Birdlovers! New week,new trick's! This time I have a old magpie mount I did about decade ago...
    Have a nice week and let your pictures come.... ;)
  2. tonyt

tonyt New Member

mine for this week was a woody

3. tonyt

tonyt New Member

One more diffrent angle
  4. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Love that Woody...The head is just sick...Very NICE! Here's a Rooster I just did!
  5. Don't remember if I posted this one or not!! Barred Owl
  6. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Haha, the owl looks very familiar. Nice mounts.
  7. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Rick,your rooster is a work of art, absolutely beautiful composition!! And jeah stormy, owl looks familiar,but that's no problem...when it's done good you can look iy twice!!! Peter...where's your bird??
  8. Sorry Guys,
    Here's one you haven't seen!
  9. tonyt

tonyt New Member

One more woody , nice birds every one
  10. Here is a ringneck I just finished.
  11. Always cool to see new work. Rick how long is that pheasant tail looks to be a ''TROPHY"". Nice work. Here's the KING of ducks and a female to boot!! My contribution for this weeks bird. Ha Ha
  12. GC

GC New Member

I recently did this mount of a mallard that had both male/female characteristics. I have done several hydrid birds, but never one with both male/female traits. Maybe someone could help me identify this bird. I think it made for an interesting mount.
  13. AWT

AWT "Preserving all God's creatures"

I did one last year that had both female and male characteristics. I'll try to find a pic.
  14. AWT

heres a close-up or the head
  15. mantis

mantis New Member

my buddies dad had a hen pheasant that was 12 years old color out like a rooster then die shortly after.i have heard of hens coloring like the males before but i dont know how common it is.
  16. AWT

here's one of it's body.
  17. Southeast

Southeast New Member

I have done several mallards showing characteristics of both sexes. The cause can be two things... If the bird is very old, hormone levels drop causing them to show traits of the oppositte sex. Cause two, the bird received an injury to the reproductive organs causing the abnormal look. Learned this from a federal waterfowl biologist buddy of mine.
  18. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Here's a wholesale for ya.....not finished or injected (that's what he wanted, so it was cheaper, lol!) Still like it though:)
  19. kjs92681

kjs92681 Yall com back na, ya hea !

It may be a cross between a mallard and a motteled duck or a black duck, who knows. I have herd of a few guys killing mallard/pintails, i have never saw one personnaly, but i know on one of the Duck Commander videos he kills one, or has one that is dead, he says they killed it.
  20. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

Nice ducks bekcy! weird that injected feet isn´t always part of the deal...i think it should always be done in birds.