1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hard sweep

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bassnbuck, Nov 21, 2010.

1. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

hey guys im looking for a semi sneak or semi upright with a good sweeping look to it...got a kids first deer in and it had a broken rack on one side so they want the good side to show as much as possible...ive checked my usual suppliers and dont seem to find one im looking for...its a 6.75 x15 but id take just finding someone who carries one....thanks andy

2. shammy

shammy New Member

Check Research.

3. Dan Chase has em too

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    You couldn't pay me enough to order chit from that stealing, thieving bastard Dan-Chase! Look in the damn catalogs! How hard it this? Coombs, Research, Matuska ... check the catalogs. Worst comes to worse, then you alter a form for what you need!

John.

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Matt Thompson has a nice one in a wall ped. Bill Lancaster of Trufitt has some nice ones as well. Good luck.

6. shammy

shammy New Member

Gees John what got your undies all bunched up?

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Joe Coombs has some awesome sweeps

8. Didn't the Chase company get sold a couple years back? Some of the forms looked ok, but a lot had some really, really messed up anatomy...like deer on steroids and muscles where muscles don't belong. Used to look through those and laugh out loud.

9. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

Chase was sold a few years back. The new company is Second Nature. Chase is gone, I think we can give the new guy a chance. Lets not blame the new guy for the old guys ways.

10. cwt

cwt Active Member

x2

11. agree

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

If THAT is true, then why is there a discount coupon for Dan Chase in the Second Nature catolog?? Still affiliated.

13. dbess

dbess New Member

Matuska

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That comment still makes me shake my head......what a dick!

15. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

That is exactly what I was thinking Mikey.

16. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Im a big fan of the Matt Thompsons as well but I did do one on this Van Dykes form and liked it. Its called a full sweep, heres a link to them on their web site

http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/20400010/whitetail-left-turn-full-sweep

[​IMG]

17. orion

orion Marty Silva

Chad's a lemming. ;D