1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big IL buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Uncle Harley, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

sorry for the crappy pic it's a cell phone pic of a picture printed out on a cheap home computer, This is the Neal Newlin Buck, killed about 25 min south of me sent to me by my buddy Joe. I don't know Neal, but Joe does.

[​IMG]

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

just chatting with my buddy Joe, aparently this is this kids first bowkill on his FIRST DAY BOWHUNTING talk about being ruined for life. According to Joe he's got an offer on the table for 60K wheter that is true or not I have not been able to confirm.

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Now that there is a hog, are you gonna get the job of mountinting it???????

4. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

I doubt it, LOL I think he's got it sold and whoever buys it is giving him a mount also with a set of replicas. Don't know who the buyer is yet.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Harley, just being skeptical here, but do you know WHEN it was killed? The reason I ask is that cornfield is freshly picked. Winter wheat is up pretty good now. Must have been killed early Oct. but even with that said, most winter wheat around here was up out of the ground way before bow season even opened. Just asking. Whenever it was, that's a dandy.

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

there are some fields still being picked over here but it was a few weeks ago. This kid grew up right down the road from Joe's parents in west york I told Joe to tell him that I knew an awsome guy for replicas if he wanted to make some money off of it, and that is when Joe told me he had an offer on the table for 60 k LOL I tried to get you some repro business man LOL

7. Some guys have all the luck. That is a stud of a buck for sure.

8. antlerman

Thank You Harley, and YES, that is definitly one to mold.

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

What a monster. And he gets it his first time ever hunting. I'm been bowhunting 4 years and can't get one. Lol. Nice buck, but I wouldn't sell it. But that's just me.

10. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Nice buck and I doubt $60,000 is enough for him. Someone with extra cash for sure floating around, that would be nice, but to have that deer and not have killed it just isn't the same anyway. Glad it will be respected though no matter who owns it finally. Thank you for sharing the photo and story Harley.

Steve

11. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

That is a great buck. When I was hunting in illinois bout 2 weeks ago there was a huge triple drop tine buck killed and I too am trying to get tim some repo work.

12. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

You are right that hunter has nothing to look forward to but freezer meat. Not likely to top that...

13. antlerman

Michael, yes he did call me. However, not sure if I'm getting the job or not. Sounds like he's talking to many replicators looking for the best price.

As for selling it, IN A HEARTBEAT. Why? Several reasons. Because I know what my replica's look like and you can't tell the difference. I have had several opt to sell after getting their copies made and can't tell the real from the copy. With that said, show me the money. And this buck will only be hot for a nanosecond. Many more big ones will be killed yet this year. Sit on it and the value falls off quickly.

I speculate that I know who the buyer might be. There is a gentleman I know who is interested in buying all the monster bucks killed in Illinois. He has bought many of the big ones over the last few years, BUT 60K, I seriously doubt. Maybe 15 to 20k. IF THE BID is IN FACT 60k, THERE'S TWO FOOLS ON THE LOOSE. One for offering and two for not selling.

14. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Heck if I had that buck you better believe I would be selling it, I could use the money more than I could use the antlers.

15. burdman

burdman New Member

Here is a link to another picture

http://www.heartlandoutdoors.com/index.php/tims/story/a_cumberland_county_240_incher/

16. jorgy

jorgy Member

I know the Albia buck did not make anyone rich.