1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How old do you think this deer is?? Pic FINALLY up! LOL

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Nov 22, 2010.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Oh, thats a nice one. It has the lil mexican written all over it.

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

dont know the age, but i like horns like those that are unusual.

3. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Somebody better tell Laserred that at the top of this page, you have a deer with spikes growing out of it's neck. SPOOKEY!

4. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

That deer is def. older than 2.5 years, i would say 3.5 give him another year to see if he balances out, and if not, take him out.

5. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

i think 3.5 as well but i think he just damaged it during Velvet because the other side is to nice he has good genes by the looks of the other side

6. chongo

chongo Member

7. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

8. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

3 1/2 no more thin 4 1/2 at the most.

9. mountman62

mountman62 New Member

Looks to me like you need to cull several screwed up horned deer, just shoot em & then age em, if you need some help, just let me know

10. 2 differant deer for sure Mike.
    Its hard to see on the pic of this years buck, but it very well could be a break. If you have any more pics of it please post.

11. 3.5 for sure

12. maxman

maxman Member

I give up. ;D

13. Jayce

Jayce I'm too drunk to taste this chicken....

In canada, that is what our yearlings look like, shoot him before he breeds!

14. Not sure but I like the clarity of that wildgame camera you are using Michael. How is the battery life on it?

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Battery life is EXCELLENT!! We use Rayovac batteries, they blow away the Duracell and Energizer!

16. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I have the same camera. It uses 4 "c" batteries, and three watch batteries for the memory. I put it out in September and run it continuously until mid November on the same batteries, and they are only half dead when I bring it home. The watch batteries have lasted three seasons so far. I LOVE digital IR!!

Attached Files:

17. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

At the most.IMHO

18. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

3 1/2 year old

19. 2 1/2 he has no shoulders,long legs, and his body is rectangular. His back is flat and no sway or belly yet. a 3 1/2 would have thicker shoulders and look smaller in the hinds.

20. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

id say 3 1/2...and if he was wandering the woods of PA tomorrow he would surely get "culled" pretty deer