1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

any new info Glen Conley

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Whitetailart, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Was wondering if anybody has any new updates on Glen ?

2. mimes

mimes New Member

was wondering the same

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Good news! I spoke with Glen this morning. He sounded better than he has in a long time. He has been through some very rough times but he wanted me to assure everyone that he was still alive and on the rebound!

About a month ago, Glen was in a dire situation. He had fluids that had built up in his legs, lungs and heart, he had a massive lung infection and pneumonia, and he was placed on a ventilator to keep him alive. There were discussions about pulling the plug, as his prognosis appeared bleak.

Thankfully, Glen pulled through that crisis and is now recovering slowly. He is getting stronger every day and is undergoing physical therapy to regain his leg functions. He can now walk for short distances with a walker and is in a rehabilitation program in a large nursing home. His spirits are good and things are looking up. Healing will be a slow process, but it looks like he has finally turned the corner.

Glen doesn't have internet access right now, but he is up for some phone conversations from friends. To reach him, you have to call the main office of the Lincoln Centers at 765-825-0543 and ask to be connected to the Nurse's Station. When a nurse answers, you can ask if Glen Conley is available for a phone call. I asked Glen if the nurses would get mad if I posted this and he got a lot of phone calls. He told me not to worry, they would get over it!

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

THANK YOU Ken for the update and contact info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLEN IS STILL THE STONGEST GUY ON THE BLOCK!

5. Re: any new info Glen Conley

Terrific News!

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

What a relief to hear that. Thank you Ken for keeping us informed.

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Thanks Ken, will make that call this afternoon :)

8. TRAPPERGIRL

TRAPPERGIRL Proud Member-Taxidermy M.A.F.I.A. & Taxinet Clique

Thanks Great !! I was thinking about him the other day and was gonna ask on here if there was any news ..

9. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Thanks Ken!

Glen has always been my mentor weather he knows it or not. He is one smart cookie, and I cant wait till he gets back on the forum!!!

Praying for him, as soon as I post this, then Ill call.

10. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Thanks Ken for the Update.
    Its good to hear he is recovering and doing better.

11. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

THANK GOD.

12. Good to hear! Thanks for the update Ken.
    He must have got someone to sneak some Stop Rot in to him.

13. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thank you for the update Ken. That is great news! Hopefully he will be back on here soon.

14. The best news I have heard in a while. Thanks for the update Ken, praying for him!

15. Awesome!, Thank you Ken for the info.

Thank you GOD for the answered prayers.

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Good news. I hadn't checked on him in a few months and the last I did sounded really grave. Guess it just going to show ya that you can't keep a good dog down. Thanks Ken for the update.

17. Michael

Michael New Member

i would be willing to auction items off to help with the cost of the hospital stay, i'm having one near denver, indiana on the 27th of the month, the auction if for anything and everything related to taxidermy and fur, if someone would like to help out pm me.

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Fantastic update Ken! Thanks. Keep your chin up Glen! ;)

19. SCT

SCT New Member

Thank you Ken and Thank God for Glens stamina. He's amazing. I'll check in on him this week.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

That is good news.